Help with homemade Digital trail cam

jermdross

Reaction score
I have searched the forum for 2 days and have found a lot of ways to wire various digital cameras for a homemade digital trail cam, but I cant find any ways to wire the camera to the sensor. I have made a 35mm cam before but as best as I can tell it is not the same. I keep reading about timers to cut the camera on and off. Are there any links to instructions on the "second half" of making a digital trail cam? Do I have to buy a pre-made board? I am willing and able to modify a sensor if I can just find out how. I'm not good enough to figure it out on my own.

commandoking

Reaction score
There are many boards out there that have a lot of sweet things on them.What is it you are looking for.

harleydavidone

Reaction score
It really is about the same, common/refresh/shutter but you need to tell us what you are looking for. With the low prices of most of the new boards and the ease of use I would go with a premade one personally, it just depends what you want. Every board maker has the instructions posted.

bat

Reaction score
Visit the pinned topic at the top of this page. It has all or most of the links in the Helpful Homebrew links up there. Just off the top of my head, and I apologize if I miss somebody, you should find the pixcontroller, Glolab, Fieldpix, Joed's board and maybe several more that will work great for you.
bat

jermdross

Reaction score
Hey guys,
A couple of you have asked me what I am looking for in a board. I really don't know. Quite honestly I'm just not sure what the board does. When I made my 35mm trail cam I just wired the camera directly to the PIR sensor. Am I wrong to think that that wont work with a digital camera. I was just wanting to make my own board because I am on a tight budget, (newly wed). I am interested in making a Digital trail cam with the sony dsc-p32 because I know how to use that camera. I hope I have given enough info to answer your questions. As I said before, I am willing and able to do the work, I just need the instructions.
Thanks for the help.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom