Help with power sources!!

bradleydale

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Ok, I've started wiring up my Regent board tonight and have used the 9-volt relay from RS just like the directions show. Bear with my ignorance of electronics but while trying to test the board for the clicking noise I had no results. I used 1 9 volt battery that is low charged with no luck, then used a good 6 volt latern battery with no luck. Then I hooked the board to my small motorcycle battery charger (12 volt) and it clicks away like I had hoped. My question is since I have a 9 volt relay on this board will I have to use at least a 9 volt power source???? I was planning on using a small gel cell 6 volt battery but now I'm thinking this won't fly. If so, can I buy a 6 volt relay for the board???

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
I'm no expert either, but I believe that a 5 volt relay from RS should work if you plan on running it off of a 6 volt battery.

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
bradley dale
if you have a 9volt relay that means it requires 9 volts to trigger it.  the 6 volt will not trigger it and the 12 volt will because it requires at least 9 volts.
i use three 9 volts wired in parallell that is three 9 volt battery holders and all three red wires wrapped together to make one wire and then all three black wires wrapped together to make one wire then hook these wires to the ms20 board.  this should give you three times the battery life and you dont have to use one of them big 12 volt batteries. i leave mine in the woods for approx 1 month at atime and have had no problems w/battery life .  hope this helps!

N

Nudell Bush

A 9v relay requires 7.2v min. to activate, the electrician @ work used controllable voltage with mine and with 7.1v the relay didn't work.

bradleydale

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I was really starting to sweat last night when nothing was clicking, afterall it was my first time soldering anything together. Now I'm seeing how addictive this could be!!

Top Bottom