Help with troubleshooting

bradleydale

Reaction score
I built a unit with the MS 20 for my uncle last winter that was working fine..now, when you switch it on it will sit there and fire itself without any motion, constantly clicking on and off. I started to work on it last night and after removing the sensor from the case it seemed to work fine, put it all back together and now its doing the same thing again....Is there a bad connection or solder that may be causing this????

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Check your sensor batteries. If they are weak it will make it fire like that.

bradleydale

Reaction score
No luck..tried it with new batteries and hooked my 12 volt wall charger to it and still the same. I may go ahead and convert it to the power saving mods and hopefully weed out the problem in the process.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Try one more thing, just for kicks.

I've noticed that I've had to replace Motion Actived Flood lights every few years because they got too sensitive and am now wondering if it was dirt built up on them, maybe on the Fresnel Lens or on the sensor itself.    Mite try some Denatured Alcahol and clean it, including the PC board itself (rubbing has an oil added so don't use it)

You said it's worked for a year so maybe.....

I also seem to remember Welby had the same problem about a year ago and he and I discussed some cures but don't remember if he got it working or not

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom