HELP!!!

F

Fritz

I just built a camera using the  PIR 49-425.  The thing fires my camera off 4 or 5 times in the alarm mode, but in the chime mode it rarely fires the camera off ( can't find a pattern to it).  If anyone has any ideas of what might be wrong I would really appreciate the help.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hello Fritz,

Where did you hook your PIR relay shutter trip wires to? Which IC and pin number? Any other details will help too.

Jon Bain

Reaction score
If this is when you first turn the unit on it may be due to the PIR warming up.  You will need a switch between the camera and the PIR if you do not have one.  A little more info if this is not the problem.  

F

Fritz

I hooked the relay across the speaker wires and the LED across common ground and the small IC pin#3.

F

Fritz

I rewired it like you suggested and that did the trick.  One other thing, what type of switch do I need to put in between the PIR and the camera?  Thanks again for the help.

Jon Bain

Reaction score
It's the same type of toggle switch as the others.  This will allow the unit time to warm up and not take un-necessary pictures.  Once the unit is warmed up, you can flip the switch to power the camera.

F

Fritz

I GOT IT ALL WIRED UP AND WORKING.  THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP.

whitetailfan

Reaction score
I need you guys' help...What is a good Whitetail attractant (feed, grain, powder, etc...; no food plot) to use for whitetailed deer but will NOT attract Bears. Any ideas?? Thanks.

killinturks

Reaction score
little debbies oatmeal creme pies,LOL. most guys i know just use shell corn

Top Bottom