here I go wish me luck, lol

wvhunter

Reaction score
Like stringshooter said take your time and read and reread the instructions before starting.  Even going slow and being careful you can have a cam finished in 5-6 hours.

Good luck and let us know how it all goes.

Possum

Reaction score
Don't drink coffee before you attempt the camera.  Take your time and READ the web pages multiple times before you start.  Also, don't do as I did and experiment on the first cam.   You will do great I am sure.  We are looking for the first pics soon (mine were of cats in the backyard to start with.)  GOOD LUCk!  You will be happy with the results.

Bowfever

Reaction score
Good luck and I can't wait for the pics.

Bowfever

abedford

Reaction score
My advice:  practice your soldering technique a little bit before tackling that Owl PF circuit board.  I'm a mechanical engineer, not electrical, so I tend to be a little fat fingered with the soldering iron.  I actually ended up having to repair one of the little gold conductors in the circuit board on my brand new $50 Owl PF.  YUCK!  It does work now, though.

Enjoy - I've got 2 cameras built and working great and my total investment is probably about $150.  The only problem I am having is impatience - one hour film developing is TOO SLOW!!

Stever

Reaction score
I agree with the take your time and impatience.
start with rolls of 12 film. You will feel better getting 3 picts developed out of 12 instead of 3 out of 24.
Someone on this site said they always take first pict on setup of them walking through. This was fantastic advise gives great perspective on setup when you are at developing store.

South

Reaction score
Read and re-read, after you finish one you will be hooked.  Got two finished and two in process.

Top Bottom