To feel your kiss one last time, the crazy things I’d do

I’d give my life up just to spend 5 more minutes with you

I can not swallow the fact that you are gone

Especially since you will be gone for so long

They say everything happens for a reason

But no way was it your time to go

Every single day without you my life will go by so slow

I told myself I’d never go hunting because you are not there

Now that I think about it your spirit will always be with me in my heart and in the air

I promised you that I would make you proud

You will see that the day I hold my medical degree up in the air for you dad and the crowd

Everyone says I remind them of you

But I could never be half the man you were and we both know that’s true

I turn 18 in two weeks and you won’t be there

I graduate in two months…this is not fair

But I want you to know you have given me the best life

I was blessed to have a dad like you, someone so nice

Your last words to me were “You have made me very proud my son I couldn’t ask for more and now you are a man, and I will always be with you in your heart, but promise me you will take care of your mom and sister and become something in life, stop crying I am strong and I promise you I will make it”

Those last words I will carry with me for the rest of my life

Until I am with you in heaven dad there is no way anyone can remove this knife

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
That's the way, farhod, straight from the heart. Continue living well, and don't stop listening to your heart, as this is from where your fathers voice will continue to reach you as the years go by. I still hear my Dad's voice almost every day, cautioning when I'm rushing, cheering when I succeed, comforting when I fail. He's been gone for 13 years now.

Your father brought you to manhood, and he will still be there when you need him. And when you raise your own children and hit rough water, his words will echo in your ears, and it will make you smile, and know that what you're doing is right.

My best to you and yours.

mouthcallinmatt1

Reaction score
farhod, I'm truly sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. Look to God for your comfort.

Matt

rock1187

Reaction score
farhod,
my heart goes out to you and your family. i lost my pop oct. 15, 2006 and i know your pain. i want you to know that each day will get easier and you will learn to smile when thinking of your dad rather than cry, it takes time though. i still have bad days and hunting is hard without him. i decided to use hunting as a way to celebrate my pop and i hope you will to. i started shooting his shotgun so in a way it feels like he is there with me. i feel that no father would never want thier passing to hurt his children or keep them from the field, so come october get out there for you and your dad. god bless.

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
Just let it out like your doing.....great job on the poem.

I'm still crying.

1fitspirit

Reaction score
I lost my Dad to cancer in 2000. I know he is only as far as my thoughts, and you will come to realize that also. Grieve, heal, and honor your Father by being the man he wanted you to be.

Be well, and at peace...Life has come full circle for your Dad, just as it does for all of us.

Steve

Quackr Wacker

Reaction score
As a father of two son's let me say this to you now, You Have Made Your Dad Proud. Live life as he would, for he will forever be by your side.

There is no greater joy a father has to feel then to look back upon his own children and watch them learn to love what he loves. Pass along your passion for the outdoors as your father has done for you. You will one day see in your own son's eye's the same passion you have shared with your dad when taking the field, only then will you truly understand the joy your father has been so fortunate to have felt with you.

May God Bless you and your family in this time.

From our home to yours, our prayers are with you...

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MJB @ Mar 26 2008, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just let it out like your doing.....great job on the poem.

I'm still crying.[/b]
Ditto, very well written. That is a true tribute to your Father.

zenhunter

Reaction score
A father's main mission in life is to raise good children, so in that way, he truly rests in peace.

RickQU/DU

Reaction score
Farhod, That was from the HEART and job well done!! He made you a man and you step into the shoes of life now and in time the hurting will heal, Just take one day at a time and you will get thru this a better person as we all do. I sent you an email and if you need to talk give me a ring I will try to help the best I can as I know we all will on this forum.

God Bless to you and your Family!!

Rick

rtin

Reaction score
Your Father will be honored with a speach like that......
seems to me that he raised a fine young Man. Time will mend your hearts and your Father will visit you often. I lost my Mother last year and her spirit visits me often and at times of need,we even have coffee together in the morning from time to time. It's a odd feeling the first few time you notice this but it really is pretty cool. This is where we had our greatest times together the last few month of her life. God bless and stay strong for your Family.

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Reaction score
Farhod, very sorry for your loss!! May Christ give you and your family peace and mercy. Always remember that God hears your cries and mourns with you all. Reach out and ask Him to help you thru this time!! God Bless You!!

richardoutwest

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss, it is never easy. You were cut short, but your father will always be with you. Feel free to take him with you everwhere you go, even if it is only in your heart. God bless you are your family.

GB Jack

Reaction score
i feel for you man, as I have alomost been there twice in the past two years, but I would highly reccomend that you talk to a professional about your feelings. You seem to be grieving a ton, (which is COMPLETELY normal), but soemtimes they can really help! He is VERY proud of you, and remember not to put to much pressure on yourself, he is ALREADY extrmemly proud of you, and so is everyone on this page

Advertisement

Top Bottom