Here you go Gizz

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the bucks coming through my hunting area.  Most pictures came from over a scrape.  Enjoy.

gizz

Reaction score
Very Nice Jon! You should be very happy with those kind of results. I haven't had my cams out for a couple weeks but I know a good scrape I'm gonna put one over.

Welby

Reaction score
Good Night!!

Those are some great bucks.  WOW!

I can't wait to find a scrape to put my cam over, though I doubt we have many bucks of that caliber around here.

Thanks for sharing the pix.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Nice pics!! I like the pose in pic 6.  Do you have a stand in the area?

bigmandude

Reaction score
I placed a camera on a scrape this weekend, i've never seen a deer on a scrape here, it seems like they make em then just disappear, im out to find one like you have in these photos.

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Thanks for the complements.  There are differing types of scrapes and this one is a primary scrape.  It gets worked when others fade away.  That is the kind you need to find.  The first buck in the first three pictures is a shooter on this property, but the other one in the fifth and sixth picture can not be harvested due to size restrictions.  I do think he will be a great buck next year.  The last picture is just on a trail and was one of two bucks I got on film from the trail.  He looks to be a shooter but I’ll have to get a better look at him.  The first buck is a lot like the one I shot last year in the same spot although I think the one I got last year had a little more mass to him.  It doesn’t matter to me because a good wide rack buck like this will always throw my hart in my throat when he steps out.  I’m hunting this area hard, but I do not have a stand overlooking the scrape.  I’ve never been much of a scrape hunter because of all the nocturnal activity they receive.  This may change though.  

Bob R

Reaction score
The flash sure doesn't bother the big boy in the first few pics.  He just walks up to the camera and poses!!

Great pics.  Good luck on harvesting him.

Possum

Reaction score
I like him.   He's a good buck.  I'm like you though.  I never have been a real scrape watcher.  Good luck with him.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I just love looking at big buck pics. Thanks Jon.

Can I get a "Good Gawd" for them buck pics?

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Jesse, remember just a couple of months back all I could get were coons and maybe just a partial picture of a small buck.  Since then I have moved the cameras from the back yard to the hunting woods and, well you see what it has produced.  I hope to have some more in a week or so.  Heck I just want to go hunting.  

Top Bottom