Heres a tough one

markr

Reaction score
I sent my camera to an electronics store to get wired. i got it back today. I got it wired for the three way system so i could use the camera for other uses. Well i hooked everything up and tried a test. The camera worked by itself but when i plugged in the jack the camera flashed with no film advancement. its almost like the camera is'nt getting enough juice to trip it. i'm pretty sure everything else is working cause when i use the PIR the LED light trips when there is motion. I did the basic cam I followed jesse's schematic since this is my first try. The parts i used are: RS PIR, 5 vt relay with a 50v 1a silicon diode, 9 vt battery. Am i missing something? I'm getting frustrated!! please help!! I wanted to get this in the woods before the bucks lose their antlers. thanks        

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi markr,
Just some guesses....
The plug is wired wrong.
The plug/jack are the cheapies from Rat Shack and are making an improper contact.
That's where I'd start looking.

Hint - Drop the batts out of the cam for a while in order to clear any error states that might have been created if the jack is bad/wired wrong.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

russ

Reaction score
  Kind of off the subject a little,my first camera I thought about the 3 wire system also.But I decided to go with the 2 wire set up.Then I bought a extra set of stereo jacks and a momentary push button switch at Radio Shack.Wired the push button to stereo jack,plug cam into jack to test or for independent camera use.
       I haven't done it yet but I thought about using the other jack wired to battery and LED to test a relay/pir set up for occasions I dont have a camera around.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Film,do you have film in it!! i think that it must have film to advance,the only time it will advance without film is when you shut it.
 I could be wrong though,i ussually am.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
If the cam is "shutting down" after the flash, then I think Pins 5 & 6 or not shorted together properly (probably by the Jack)

Pin 4 is connecting only to Pin 5, the full press (Pin 6 is 1/2 press) when it's suspose to fire (Motion Detected)

Pins 5 & 6 has to be connected together, Then Pin 4 gets connected to those 2 pins by the relay contacts and the cam will fire......

for your info
If pin 4 gets connected to pin 6 only, then the Redeye-reduction circuit turns on (flash comes on steady, like a lite)

Tinhorn

davered1

Reaction score
markr,

passthru is right if cam has no film inside it will only flash when tripped,Can't advance film if there is none!

Do you have film in cam?

bmulley

Reaction score
I beleive Tinhorn has your fix...I was in the same boat not shorting 5 and 6 together with 4.

markr

Reaction score
Again thanks for the quick response and YES, i do have film in the camera. I'll try what tinhorn suggested and let you know how i make out.  

Latest Posts

Top Bottom