Here's one for the non-believers...

billfromtx

Reaction score
This picture was taken (I'm told outside Beeville Tx)
So you like to hog hunt do ya!

Not sure about this one but it was South Texas...Got Pork!

and then there's me doin my part one pig at a time!!!!!!

oneshothunter

Reaction score
wow that looks like a fun and kinda easy hunt lol lots of nice hot links there

hunt hard

Reaction score
thats what i call
pileup the pork. thats a nice head shot

Metdawg44

Reaction score
Not really hunting but to each his own. Reminds me of Coalinga, CA.

Franklin3

Reaction score
looks like a straight up depravation kill.
I hope that the meat went to good use!
I thought we had a lot of hogs here in California!
Let me guess the first picture showin all them pigs must be invading a whitetail feeder?
which resulted in the pile O pork shown in the second picture?

If you did that with your bow you are one busy man!

billfromtx

Reaction score
We kill almost everyone we see. And the meat does go to good use. Its never wasted. I've personally had over 30 hogs with in easy bow range at one time next to a pond and emptied my quiver. Happiness is multiple blood trails!
The biggest hog massacre i've been on was me, my son and my nephew killed 7 one night and skinned and cleaned all of them...Lots of work, in the rain!
Gave all the meat away!

Brettski

Reaction score
fish in a barrel....nice shootin' though

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
I'd say they have a hog problem. I know some raches in TX consider them vermin and try and wipe em out like in the second photo, which I've seen before and really dislike the ol boy holdin the piglet in his teeth.

hoytrdye

Reaction score
I'm with you mike- his buddy could of told him hey you got something in your TEETH

LKN4HOG

Reaction score
Talk about wackem and stackem...thats a little over kill though. As for the one hanging from the mouth..I agree, truly poor taste. Why would you whack such a juvenile hog anyhow....

Oh well, to each there own..

r

bobcatman04

Reaction score
A friend of mine, living just north of Amarillo, told me he and his brother killed 76 pigs
from November to April. Deprevation shoting. Not all meat is used, to bad. but some does go to shelters and such, they aren't as squimish or picky back there. Little one have to go too. Just don't flaunt it, like some kind of trophy

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What a nice welcome.

I've read some hunts on here that were nothing more than the guide driving the person out and pointing to a pig and saying, "There, shoot that pig". I guess I could have posted the thumbs down smiley but to each his own as they say.

I've been on some depredation hunts where it was all we could do to even see the animal, let alone get a shot.

For all you thumbs down folks, please enlighten me on what a "True pig hunt" is.

As for the pic of the hunter posed with the pig in his mouth, I removed it for obvious reasons. I do not find it humorous to pose for these types of pics with our dead animals.

bobcatman04

Reaction score
BFT, sorry, didn't even notice that you were a new guy. Welcome, and no offense meant, as to the way they hunt down there. thumbs down from me, meant it's not for me, other then a depredationkill. Again welcome, stick around it gets entertaining around here sometimes.

surf n turf

Reaction score
thank you for removing that picture, it was in very poor taste even for good ole boys

Franklin3

Reaction score
Them little ones are by far the best eating.
Welcome BFT !
you'll find as in any online society we have our sensitive types and it really does take all kinds as they say.
It brings the meat to the party so to speak.

Maybe Mark Twain said best.

"It's difference of opinion that makes horse racing." Samuel Clemons

Anyway please keep posting

soreloser

Reaction score
Being in California and seeing what it has to offer by way of pig hunting, I can see how it would be easy for a bunch of guys from a state that likes to pretend it has a hog problem, to come down on folks from other places that actually do have a hog problem for hunting the way they do.

For those spouting "Depredation" hunt, you would probably be sickened by what a REAL depredation hunt entails for any species of animal.

Someone asked why kill such a little hog? Well, when you truely have a hogs, they are all a problem and you don't show prejudice for size. And when you skin them they can fit on the grill whole.

Some of you have to remember that to some people, these animals are nothing more than overgrown rats or a swarm of flies, there is no respect for them as a "TROPHY"..

Hmmm. I wonder what some folks think about Springtime liberal limit SnowGoose hunting?

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Them small ones don't even need skinning, cook slow and long, and you will know what good is.

I have seen the damage those things do, they are like locusts in the ares where they are a true problem, welcome to the forum, remember most folks posting here think a hog problem is when you shoot one in a deep canyon and have to pack it out.

billfromtx

Reaction score
Was it the pile of dead hogs or the piglet in the guys mouth that offended you?
Here's one my son killed Turkey hunting this year for the BBQ pit..Does this one offend you too!

First time I've ever seen Liberal Hunters...I thought that was a contradiction in terms.
Well for the record We have a hog problem in South Texas and Hogs are destroying the land and the environment. They eat EVERYTHING...
Most meat is given to charitys and Orphanages and Hunters for the hungry programs. Some dig a hole and push them off into it.
Removing my picutre offends me.
A few folks found it offensive and it hurt their sense of decency, so it gets taken down while the majority might actually enjoy seeing another side of things.

I don't appreciate my picture being taken down but after reading some the HUNTERS responses to it, maybe it was for the best.

soreloser

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (billfromtx @ Jul 17 2007, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
First time I've ever seen Liberal Hunters...[/b]

Don't sweat the Ethics Police, whenever you have an issue that someone else doesn't understand, there first reaction is going to be a bad one.

Top Bottom