Hero to Villain, what a quick turn!

P304X4

Reaction score
Two weeks ago many I know on facebook were almost wanting to bestow sainthood on Pres. Trump. Now with the the stimulus package and a couple of other twists and turns most of the same people are ready to tar and feather him. In some of my facebook posts I used the terms "seems" or "appears" and was raked over the coals depending on who's feathers I ruffled with those subjective terms. If such political conversations pop up here all we can express is what we perceive to be good or bad for the country/citizens. Regardless of our political leanings all we can do at best is to express our opinions. What it boils down to is we need to pray for the best and be prepared for the worst as best we can and the best I can do is to give my subjective opinion.

Planetcat

Reaction score
Politics aside, giving crisis money to the citizens has never happened as long as I can remember. It is better than the usual bail outs of large companies under the b.s. messaging that it’s better for the economy. $1200 is not a ton of money in CA and NY, but it is in many other states.

The thing that really bothers me are people posting what guns, atv/utv, jeep parts they are going to buy with their stimulus checks. The working middle class will be paying for all of this for decades. Let’s just hope that the world gets ahead of this thing very soon. Stay safe and healthy!

P304X4

Reaction score
I'm retired and although my retirement savings took a hit I still have enough between it, my pensions and Social Security. I know some who are still working who are now laid off a few who are retired who aren't as well off because of their accounts took a bigger hit than mine. I'm trying to at least contribute some of my funds to help my community and hope others will do what they can to help their communities as well.

dummer71

Reaction score
$2.2T to add to the $23T that we are already under water. It's all funny money now. Might as well make it $5T and give everyone a free F150 4x4. The people bankrupting this country have no plan nor intention of paying it back. That burden will lie on future generations. We can't handle the most minor of inconveniences. The long term trend is unsustainable.

dummer71

Reaction score
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin

essmanfam2

Reaction score
If we give everyone an F150, we will need to double the stimulus package in order to cover all the repairs that will be needed.

Found
On
Roadside
Dead

#1Predator

Reaction score
If we give everyone an F150, we will need to double the stimulus package in order to cover all the repairs that will be needed.

Found
On
Roadside
Dead
After 30 years of driving issued vehicles of various makes and models off road I've found:

GMC/Chevy - we cracked/broke more frames than any other brand. When I asked GMC/Chevy why, they told me that 4x4 GMC/Chevies were not made to go off road. What????? They said GMC/Chevies 4x4s were made to be used only on paved roads in ice/snow NOT off road. Hmmmm.

Dodge - 4x4s in low gears were very under powered. Several times I had pickups completely stop mid-slope, unable to climb steep off road grades.

Jeeps (yes, Jeep made a pickup awhile ago) - Jeep "flexible frames" were definitely flexible but the body attached to the frame was not. Several Jeep bodies cracked/ripped as a result of driving off road.

Ford - Very weak transmissions. When towing a 4-horse horse trailer up a steep grade it wasn't unusual to have the transmission overheat to such an extent as to make stopping a necessity but later Ford transmissions addressed this problem.

Bottom line - I buy Fords. Besides, GMC never repaid the bailout loans the government gave them and they had to be forced, by law, to make ventilators during this pandemic.

dummer71

Reaction score
After 30 years of driving issued vehicles of various makes and models off road I've found:

GMC/Chevy - we cracked/broke more frames than any other brand. When I asked GMC/Chevy why, they told me that 4x4 GMC/Chevies were not made to go off road. What????? They said GMC/Chevies 4x4s were made to be used only on paved roads in ice/snow NOT off road. Hmmmm.

Dodge - 4x4s in low gears were very under powered. Several times I had pickups completely stop mid-slope, unable to climb steep off road grades.

Jeeps (yes, Jeep made a pickup awhile ago) - Jeep "flexible frames" were definitely flexible but the body attached to the frame was not. Several Jeep bodies cracked/ripped as a result of driving off road.

Ford - Very weak transmissions. When towing a 4-horse horse trailer up a steep grade it wasn't unusual to have the transmission overheat to such an extent as to make stopping a necessity but later Ford transmissions addressed this problem.

Bottom line - I buy Fords. Besides, GMC never repaid the bailout loans the government gave them and they had to be forced, by law, to make ventilators during this pandemic.
Here comes the Toyota guy...

#1Predator

Reaction score
Never had much experience with Toyotas. Busted the right front spinal off of the first one I was issued. They replaced it with a Ford.

P304X4

Reaction score
At one point 20+ yrs. ago Chrysler sold its vortec diesel to ford. Father-in-law's Chevy 454 one ton "duely" (with the correct transmission, coolers and all the works) kept over heating when pulling his 5th-wheel. He traded it for the a Ford one ton with the vortec engine; he pulled the 5th-wheel through the dessert and over the mountains and it never over heated once.

Top Bottom