Hevi Shot results

arizona jim

Reaction score
Three hunts under my belt this season and I am just getting used to the Hevi Shot. It patterned tight so it took me awhile to get used to it. I liked it better over decoys with a IC choke. For pass shooting a modified choke.

They recommend #2 Goose loads in 3", but I think #1 or BB would have worked better. I liked their #2 goose loads better for the ducks. The #4's they recommend for ducks were a little better than steel, but I had some trouble knocking down the bigger mallards.

You could see visable hits, but it took 2-3 shots to knock them down. That could have been bad shooting on my part. I was shooting a Win. Super X 2.

How about you guys/gals - did anyone else get in some good field tests? I have a couple more hunts planned & will try to use up the rest of it and let you know how I did by the end of the season. I just wish the stuff was cheaper; as you can by 3 1/2" steel for less.

jerry d

Reaction score
Just got around to trying it last weekend.

This stuff splinters bones and almost went completely through a bull sprig at 40 yards.

As you say, sure wish the price wasn't so steep.

Anyone know where to get reloading info other than purchasing the BP manual (I'm a cheap skate).

Top Bottom