Hey All! From Bakersfield CA

NewbieHunter96

Reaction score
I'm definitely new to the sport and I would like to find some like minded friends to be able to learn the ropes. There is only so much hunting docs, youtube videos, and books can teach you after all:LOL: Super stoked to see what this forum is about, and what I can learn. Hope to meet some of ya'll soon :)

canamrider07

Reaction score
I doubt you will find someone to show you how, where and what to hunt on this forum. That is for you to decide. Living in Bakersfield you would be best to start with Dove Hunting. The Dove season is over 2019? Do you have a gun? For Dove hunting you would need a shotgun and lots of practice out at a range. Find a shooting range and take some shooting lessons. You might be able to rent a gun at the range to see if you like shooting and want to pursue hunting. Talk to the people at the range and they probably can steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

NewbieHunter96

Reaction score
I doubt you will find someone to show you how, where and what to hunt on this forum. That is for you to decide. Living in Bakersfield you would be best to start with Dove Hunting. The Dove season is over 2019? Do you have a gun? For Dove hunting you would need a shotgun and lots of practice out at a range. Find a shooting range and take some shooting lessons. You might be able to rent a gun at the range to see if you like shooting and want to pursue hunting. Talk to the people at the range and they probably can steer you in the right direction. Good luck.
I would like to hunt almost anything. I have a shotgun and I have been out to the range, however I would like to find someone local so I can potentially go off their suggestions and maybe hunt in the same areas. In the future I plan on buying a rifle in order to hunt larger game.

Top Bottom