Hey Now?

DuckDestroyer

Reaction score
Howdy, Howdy, Howdy! How is everybody doing? Just got back in Ca. about a month ago. Been doing some lurking around and finally decided to sign up. Been planning on trying my hand on a few of the NorCal refuges. Any suggestions? Been about 12 years since the last time I hunted here so I figure there may have been a change or two. Most of you all seem like decent folks. That CootCreamer guy seems like a real nice gent. Got any good Coot recipes for me?    

E A Hunt

Reaction score
You have ruined this place Jay .

I'm afraid to say anything to any new guy.  I feel like it's you settin me up.

SpooniePoker

Reaction score
Aw come on E.A. give the guy some tips.

Here's one: "Stay in school." Get it? A "tip"...... he he he

DuckDestroyer

Reaction score
Howdy All! I hope I didn't come to the wrong place. “Stay in school?” Done that. Guess I need to be more specific. I was planning on doing some scouting this weekend. Can anybody go there and wonder around? I have heard about Little Creek. Would this be a good place to check out? It is near Gray Lodge so I may swing by there. EA Hunt. Don’t be scared, I’m not Mrs Hunt. Thanks all.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Best bet is to steer clear of anybody here.

If your lookin to get back into hunting the Valley refuges then send in your ressie apps for all the good ones.

When you get drawn give me a buzz. Again STEER CLEAR of anybody here. I am your ONLY new bestest friend.

Greenhead

Reaction score
Be careful of E.A. He frequents downtown San Francisco massage parlors. What a dork. Everybody knows the best massage parlors are in Daly City.

Swampy

Reaction score
     Greenhead beat me to the punch. I don't know if I would trust this E.A. guy. Always talking about him being the sheriff and all. He deputizes me but don't give me any bullets for his guns. Now he is talking about being scared writing to strangers. Mmmmmm Maybe it's time for a new sheriff.
I would take his advice about putting in reservations for some of the better areas. Check with Fish and Game. They should have the averages for last year and your odds of being drawn. You can also sweat line it or put your name in for the lotteries. Again check with F&G for each areas rules and how they handle that type of stuff. If you do get drawn to an area that takes up to four hunters, take that E.A. Guy, his other bestest buddy WidgionWhacker, and their old friend WaterfowlMaster. Should be a great time.

P.S.  Be sure to tell us how your "Wonder" went. E.A. has a buuk you might want to borrow.  

CootCreamer

Reaction score
Body piercing....... Gray Lodge parking lot 17.

Seen E.A. there every time I drive by.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
See how they are D.D.

You misplace a letter and they are on you. If you want to go wonder around you go right ahead.

Do put in for a few hunts via the ressie system though. Heck you can probably persuade me to wonder around the refuge with you. Bring a gun and a lunch. I'll provide the rest. Decoy's ,outstanding calling and only the best advice and tips.
I learned from one of the best, George mason.  He was an old timer that worked at the Butte Valley Refuge for 47 years plus another 20years as a volenteer.

Cause I'm the wonder.......I'm the wonder.........I wonder round round round  round

Fubar

Reaction score
These posts make me wonder too.      Fubar

DuckDestroyer

Reaction score
     I sure would like to meet the legend  known as Ol George. I am getting some bad vibes from that E.A. dude. Has anyone ever hunted with him before? Can he call them duckies in? Is he safe around guns? Does he have any decoys? Moto-Maniac? I wonder about anyone who hangs around parking lot 17 and sings karaoke. I think I would rather go cream some coots. Maybe poke some spoonies.
Did do some "wondering" around the refuges this weekend. Put on the full camouflage to escape detection. ( Them state workers out there seem to think they own the refuges!) Hopped over some fences right before dawn and low-crawled up and down the levees. Saw a couple of promising ponds so I built my blind, tossed out two dozen coot decoys with six spoonies and waited to see what would come around. Some guy with  a decal on his 4x comes by just past sun-up and  starts hollering about what the heck am I doing in the sanctuary? I didn't see any signs so I tell him so! Grab all my gear and crawl down the levee till I can't hear him hollering any more. Find another hot spot where the ducks were just piling in! Watch out for my honey hole come opening day! If you see the above-mentioned dekes just move right along. That's my pond.    

Jay

Reaction score
Yo DD!

I've hunted with the sheriff. Seen him knock down some birds. Seen him try to shoot a 10 gauge shell through his 12 gauge gun. Seen him call birds like a pro and not just mallards. Seen his chopped decoys. Seen his turkey picture. Seen his melted barbie gun. Seen him grow beard/shave beard to bring on good storms. Seen his dog in her ragtag neoprene vest. Seen his blind on the bay. Heard he took a few shots at Donald down in Disneyland. Keep hearing that he's moving to Redding but he never seems to make it.

DD: you got to insult a few people to make it believable.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Can he call them duckies in ?    More time's than not. I blow my call's 300 day's a year

Is he safe around gun's ?           Aint killed nobody .................. Yet

Moto-Maniac ?      use one only if i have to.  Sold mine this past spring to some sucker. They WILL be completely banned by next season GAURENTEEEEEEEED

Singing karookee ?      I can sing in the shower pretty good but never at grey lodge

Shoot coot's and Spoons ?   I'm the wrong guy to hunt with. Haven't shot a spoon in 2 years. Never killed a coot. If i see that albino Coot he's dead

Jaybird.  Chopped Decoy's ????? All new G&H's this season

10 gauge shell in a 12 guage gun.   Bob........ my buddy Bob.Whatta pal.......set me up. he did the same thing a Lower Klamath last year. my buddy

Barbie gun.    hey I could be packin a Mossberg

Shavein ritual....well let's just say i shaved two days ago and it rained on me commin back from Redding today.  It works.

Beat up vest on my dog......I know my dog. If I play buddy buddy with her she take's advandage of it and slaks off. Treat her like a dog and all she want's to do is please me. So I treat her like a dog. No perk's , no love, no nothin. She love's it.

Looked for Donald the four day's i was there. he's damn lucky i didn't find him or he would be hanging on the wall with the rest of them.

Move to Redding.... I don't know. this guy wont let me quit!!!!!!I'm gona have to just vanish and change my number I guess.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom