Hey Possum....

Zeke

Reaction score
Hey Possum,   With a user name like that I thought you might be from SC. I grew up in Johnsonville, not to far from Florence. Lived in Garden City for awhile too. You ever heard of Randy Stone? He has a big hunting reserve close to J-ville..Deer, bear, hogs and who knows what else. My Dad lives in Bonneau, close to Charleston. He's got a possum hanging in his truck(a plush toy he got from a radio staion) and a eat more possum license plate.

Possum

Reaction score
Zeke, my family is from Cades.  From Kingstree, go by the big Baxter plant headed toward Lake City on Hwy 52.  When you see long green fields with cattle in them, that is our place.  One of my cams is within view of the highway.
I know where Johnsonville is.  Seems like I went to school with a Cribb girl from there.  Glad to know there are a few home state people on the forum. Seems like I have heard of the reserve.  I don't get down that way too much.

Zeke

Reaction score
Cool. My last name is Cribb! You know any Dunahoes?(Grandmothers maiden name) or Tanners? (Grandfather on Moms side) His name was Leon but everybody called him Zeke.If you like watermelons, you probally bought one from him at one time or another. Yeah, I know the big plant. I believe my Uncle(Dennis Tanner) worked there for awhile.  Small world!  Z

(Edited by Zeke at 9:49 pm on Dec. 14, 2001)

Bloodhound

Reaction score
Zeke, Possum ,
   Upstate here Gaffney ...Big peach tank that looks like a BUTT ô¿ô... It is a small world I just met a guy from Kingstree day after Thanksgiving at the Clinton house hunting lodge.. Cant rember his name but he has some kind of drilling operation..

Zeke

Reaction score
That is a BIG OLE peach, aint it? I used to cruise Gaffney. When I lived in Forest City, NC, we would drive down there and cruise,cant remember what street..been too many years! Z

Bloodhound

Reaction score
Cruising is outlawed now..Got to the point were kids were driving frome 3 hours away to cruise.. Could not get through town at all..

Zeke

Reaction score
Sounds like a good thing. Looking back...I wish I had been in the woods vs. the time I spent cruising.

Possum

Reaction score
Zeke, did your uncle live in a white house on Hwy 52 near the Green Rd?  The house would sit about 200yds off the Hwy?

Zeke

Reaction score
No, He lives in Yawhanna(spl?) out past Hemingway.

Zeke

Reaction score
Possum.. I was looking back thru the old posts and found the one about the meaning of everyones username. In your reply you mentioned your family farm in a place called Possum Fork. Is that the Possum Fork just outside of Johnsonville? Man..thats too cool! Thats where I grew up.  Do you recall "Looneys" bridge. The old woman that got threw off her wagon and was killed and now supposedly haunts the area?  Z

Latest Posts

Top Bottom