HHH

sportyg

Reaction score
Great news guys, both Buck Masters & Realtree has add Hunters Helping Hunters to their web site. Drop by and see what they have to say.. Also our prize list is growing for our raffle.
Grant prize black bear hunt w/Russell Ponds Outfitters,second place a BowTech"Extreme Solo" Bow donated by the Junior Sportsman's Club.(all you jr hunters should look into joining you can find a link on our web site. http://www.hhh-usa.org ) Bass Pro Shops has donated an Outdoor Cooker. Jeff one of our founding members has donated a scanner. Natgear has just donated three rain suites. However i don't know if we will get them into this raffle or the next. We have commitments from NAHC & Cabelas.

I'm very proud of what the people that got together and made HHH what it is.. I could not have done it with out everyone..  Also I'd like to say "Thanks to Jesse for permiting me to post here. Also Tony for your help in puting me in contact with Fastsigns..

Sportyg, I edited the link to get readers to the site, hop you don't mind. Regards, Paul

(Edited by Hogskin at 2:45 pm on Mar. 6, 2002)

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Sportyg,

I reviewed the website, looks like a very worthwhile cause.  I didn't see how a person can contribute to the raffle.  Can you point me to the right area?

Also, in what other ways can a person assist HHH?  

Regards,
Paul

sportyg

Reaction score
Hogskin, First I'd like to say "Thank You" !! We are setting up a link to use PayPal it is on the web site under donations I beleive. However as of our meeting last night I don't think it is working right now. We founders will also be distrubiting tickets. We finlized the purchase plan last night as well. At the moment we are looking for legal advise. As we don't have money to spent on a lawyer we are hoping to get a volenteer or two.. We would like guidance with our 501c and a few other things.
If anyone knows of any sporting goods stores who would be willing to handle tickets please advise.

Thank You All
Gordy

dgibson

Reaction score
Hogskin, the PayPal thing works for general donations, but we don't have a shopping cart together for purchasing tickets yet.  That will be done when they go on sale April 1, though.  As for other brands of help, spreading the word means a lot to us right now, and of course we're always looking for new members! ;)  We'll hopefully have lots to do in the way of putting together membership packages, reviewing assistance applications, and so on.

Gordy or I will let you know when we get tickets ready to roll.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm a CPA in Southern California and (among other things) I do a lot of non-profit organization auditing and tax preparation.  I may be able to help guide you through a lot of this process.  I don't know what your time frame is, but if you're not in a HUGE hurry I'd be pleased to do all that I can.  Right now is just a little tough because I'm working 75+ hours a week doing taxes.  After April 15, my schedule clears up considerably.  Please let me know how I can help.

Regards,
Paul

p.s., I've already got a tax pitfall in mind that you should be aware of re: the raffle.  It's not something I want to broadcast over the web and it will become clear why when we speak.  Feel free to email me and we can exchange phone numbers if you'd like.

dgibson

Reaction score
Thanks, Hogskin.  I'll get an email on its way to you.  Any help you can give will be much appreciated!

sportyg

Reaction score
Raffle is on it's way !! things are starting off great !! The link is working to buy tickets on line..  I have 100 tickets.. If anyone would like some see my post in the Bear Hunting Forum.

Paul we have a meeting tonight at 6:30 in the HHH chat room stop by if you would like..

(Edited by sportyg at 12:36 pm on April 3, 2002)

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Sportyg,

I'll be working but I'll try to make it.  Thanks for the invite.

Regards,
Paul

sportyg

Reaction score
Hogskin,

"Welcome to Hunters Helping Hunters "!! Once we got down to work.. We voted you in as one of our members !! We are honored to have you and are thankful for the help you have given us !! :toast-yellow:[sound]hip hip hurrah[/sound]

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks a mill, sportyg.  Sorry I had to bail on the chat, it was a loooonnnggg night doing taxes.  HHH is a great bunch of guys, hope I can be of help.

Did you get the NFP approval from the Feds yet?  Are you filing a tax return for 2001 or was HHH not organized then?  Assuming a 12/31 year end, it's due May 15th (without extension).  I'm happy to help if you need it.

Regards,
Paul

Brian S

Reaction score
SportyG,
Before I met you this last weekend I thought HHH was a guy in the WWF. I'll check out your sight
talk to you later. Thanks again for the 7mm brass.
Brian

sportyg

Reaction score
Your Welcome Brain !!! Hope you like the site !! Not as high tech as our site here but HHH is new !!

Thanks again !!

sportyg

Reaction score
Our first filing on taxes will be for 2002.. Part of the funds from our raffle will go to paying for our NFP filing.. As you may know we have been doing everything out of our own pockets up to now... You should be getting a copy of the Min.. Does Dustin, Darren, Sean, Shawn have your email and or address ???? We are working on our first news letter. It will be on line.. If you would like to attend out fundrasing meeting email me and I'll tell you when..  Our reg. member meeting are the first WED of every month.. You may vote on any issue and give any feedback you would like on any issue... The more the better... Thanks again & Welcome !!

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Sportyg,
I thought I sent my home address & phone # to you & Darren, but I could be wrong.  If you need it, let me know.  

When/where is the fundraising meeting?

As to the NFP filing, if my situation is conducive, I'd prep the filing for the organization for costs.  We can cross that bridge when we come to it, but keep it in mind.  

The chat was great, enjoyed watching all the guys in action.  Unfortunately, this is a very difficult time of year for me and I've got a lot of demands on my time.  Due to various tax deadlines, I have these throughout the year.  It's tough but it pays the bills.  If I had a written agenda to review beforehand, that would help.

Regards,
Paul

sportyg

Reaction score
Texas, is the hot state for tickets.. They are leading in raffle ticket donations.. I guess they have a few bear hunters in that state !!!!!

Scotty

Reaction score
Sportyg,

When is the deadline to purchase tickets?
When does the drawing take place?
Sounds like you have a meaningful organization, keep up the good work.

TIA
Scotty

sportyg

Reaction score
Thanks Scotty,

Tickets are on sale till Aug 1st.. The drawing is on Aug 31.. tickets are 1 for $10.00 or 3 for $25.00... Please feel free to check out the HHH web site at:  www.hhh-usa.org. All the info on the raffle is posted on that site.. You can get tickets online from there or from me.. The site list the prizes, why we were founded our bylaws, the companies who donated the prizes. Web sites who have linked to HHH.. News letter cover letter.. Just about everything we could think of . If you wish to post or chat in the chat room please feel free to do so, as may anyone who vists or becomes a member...

Thanks
Gordy

sportyg

Reaction score
For all you TV fans. Mr. Dave Watson, host of Secrets of the Hunt tv show. Will be doing a spot on HHH, in his segement called Moment of Truth. It will air on the weekend of July 7th & 8th. this will air 3 times on TNN & 6 times on the Outdoor channel... Please tell your friends & family to watch... Thanks !!

sportyg

Reaction score
More great news for HHH. It looks like Mr. Ted Nugent, is taking an interest in Hunters Helping Hunters. Dustin has a meeting with Ted in Aug. He has checked us out and thinks HHH is a much needed originzation..

Top Bottom