Hide your camera in a stump feeder!!!!!

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hello friends
    I thought that I might share one of the things that I do to hide my camera in area's were someone is likely to find my camera's. I bought some stump feeders at a good price last year after deer season. I put one out with corn in it, but the foam that it made out of, not very good with coon's. They chew it up. So, I made a camera disquise with it. The system is pointed slightly high, but last year, I caught someone taking one of my 35 mm camera's. He was caught on video with infrared, and he was taken to court. Got the camera that was taken, and payed $200.00 for lost time without the camera. Just thought that I would let you know one of the things that I do.
   Curtiss

T

the hairless one

curtiss,
i was just thinking about that the other day but i know those feeders are like $50 and i didnt want to spend that just to have something to put my camera in. But that is a good idea.

rick

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I've been looking/thinking about ideas on hiding a camera at my sister's cabin (it's been broken into a lot lately)

I built a Movement Camera (CamBurglar) for her that should work but need a good place to hide the camera.

We will hide a PIR inside the cabin that's connected to a 30 min timer.  IF movement is sensed, it will turn on the outside Camera for 30 min's.  this camera has it's own PIR and is built just like our normal MOvement Cameras.  As the Burglar comes and goes, loading his truck, he'll get his pix taken.

Ater 30 min's the cam goes back to sleep (in case it was a mouse that set off the inside the cabin PIR)

Besides the "Stump Feeder" idea Curt has, any others?

Thanx

Tinhorn

gizz

Reaction score
With some paper mache(spelling?) and Gun Docc's camo technique a person could probably build their own "Stump" or "Rock" to put the cams in.

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Curtiss,

good idea with the stump feeder as a hiding place

glad to hear you caught the guy stealing your cam and good to know he got what he deserved

Gizz,
now you done went and give away my next project i been working on ......hehehe

Later,

Curtiss

Reaction score
Hey Tinhorn,
   I will try to hunt up some of the pictures that I have of some of my hiding boxes. I have one video system in a wood duck nesting box that I have near a lake. Also, I built a bird house and have a video system in it. The bird house might work well at your sisters cabin. I have this one at my hunting club that oversees my motor home durning the year. I have video of deer walking up to the motor home, and people tresspassing and stopping to try to look into the motor home.
   Take care!!!
   Curtiss

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Ok, thanx a Million Curt.   Welby came up with an idea of hiding the cam in a Trash Pile.  We have to get down there and see if anything there looks like it'll work but I know there are no hollow trees by the cabin.

Tinhorn

T

the hairless one

i am going to have to be sneaky when i take mine out there after my deer cam was stolen the other week. Sad to say you have to do that on public propterty but i guess that is the way the world is.

rick

T

the hairless one

How about one of those 5 gallon buckets with a lid and then putting the caulking pattern on the outside?

That is kinda what i was thinking but i didnt know how to make it look like treebark till i saw gun docs instructions.
What do you guys think? Would that work?

rick

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom