Hiding your Geocache

Cloak N Dagger

Reaction score
For those of you that enjoy using your GPS for geocaching, here's and idea that you might want to try.

I made this camo cache container last summer for a multi-cache that I was hiding. It's hidden "in plain view" in a local park.

I used some commercial grade foam insulation to form the rock. I also sealed a few 1 oz fishing sinkers into the foam to give it a little weight. I then carved out the bottom for my container to fit inside. (I found the container in the pic at a flea market ... bought 3 of 'em for $2.00)

Then I carved up the top side of the rock, and painted it with some flat grey textured paint. After it dried, I rubbed some dirt over the "rock" and down into the crevasses.

I've watched a lot of folks walk by the "rock" and never give it a second look. If you want to make a tough geocache to find, you might try this method.

I'm thinking about glueing some dried moss to my next one. Whatcha think?

Attachments

shadow

Reaction score
I know I wouldn't give it a second thought. Since I have started this I have seen some real tough ones.

One that I found was a log on a log stack that the own cut a hole in and then put the 35mm film case in and covered it back up with the bark that he cut out.

IKE220

Reaction score
It's guys like you are the reason we'll go out and not find a cache.
Now I'll be kicking every rock I see when out looking and not finding.
Good idea.

Top Bottom