Hiding Your Trail Cam?

T

the hairless one

Had my cam stolen last week and I DONT want to lose this one. What can i do to hide it? I thought about putting it up in the trees?

Any other ideas?

:shootin:

TmKarren

Reaction score
If you could make the camera only flash at night.  I think that would be half the battle.  I think the owl pf is suppose to,  but I can't make it do it on the auto flash.  It still flashes all the time.  even out of the box.

bradleydale

Reaction score
I've tried several ways to hide them but the best I have found is to have the whole unit placed inside something natural such as a hollow tree, log, etc. This works pretty good but I still have that "bright white" fresnal lense showing more than I care.
There is a link here somewhere of a place you can buy different colored lenses.

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Fresnel Technologies has fresnel lenses in various colors.
I get mine in grey, it's a nice neutral color that seems to blend in well.
There is a link to them on Jesses links page

woodseye

Reaction score
The one problem to putting up in tree is that it only watches one small place on ground(looking down instead of across) deer can get very close and not trigger. hiding with or in large pieces of bark is great method. Staying back in thick areas may not get you the most pics but will still get buck pics and less people travel there. I lean blowover tops and trash all around my cam so its just looking out a little hole. Thats way some of my pics have stuff hanging out into pic.Better than losing cam! A prayer for protection works the best! 6 years and none lost yet. I have some pics of people within 2 yards but they didn't see.

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
  I wanted to hide my cam also so my first step was to camo the housing as much as possible. I ordered some Camo-Clad tape made by 3M and it worked very well. I have used MossyOak Break-Up and Forest Floor patterns. I then went to a local Flower shop and bought some scrap artificial green vine with the heavy wire in it. This vine will bend and stay like you position it and you can arrange it to be out of the picture but still completely cover the cam....even works well in the fall when most everything else is brown. I am sure they have something in fall colors also but the green vine works very well.    

shufigo

Reaction score
Cedar -- great idea!! Torques my jaws I didn't think of it first!!  

Gun Docc

Reaction score
3 Dimensional Camo

makes it blend in with it's surroundings

T

the hairless one

Do you guys mean that leafy 3d camo stuff like at walmart or a surplus store?

Zeke

Reaction score
I used the Mossy Oak Break-Up ground blind material from Walmart on mine. I also draped pieces of it over the chain and locks. Those things stuck out like a sore thumb.Turned out pretty good I think. I'm gonna add another layer or 2 to make it more leafy looking.  Z  

(Edited by Zeke at 6:05 pm on Jan. 15, 2002)

max

Reaction score
Zeke
That camo job looks really good...Think I might try something like that....
                                       MAX

Zeke

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!! I working on a box now that I'm hoping will look more like a tree. I'm gonna use more rounded lines on it (like slab wood I guess) and the front curved panel will be textured, and the bottom edge will be jagged instead of straight across,giving it a knotty,broken look. Will probally use the Mossy Oak on it too, it blends in good with the oaks here in NC. Z

woodseye

Reaction score
Zeke you blew me away with that camo job! I've got to try that on mine. The woodswatchers are small so it should be near invisible. A couple blowovers leaning behind to break the outline Hmmm  I may have a hard time finding it myself!

woodseye

MBullism

Reaction score
Here here, on the camo.  Nice job.

You've just added another step to my next cam!

Top Bottom