HIGH STEPPER

woodseye

Reaction score
If you look in the top of pic you'll see the film container of scent. Sorry for the condensation on lense it was in a bog and the dry pacs in the camera just didn't work. 1 mile walk in here from nearest woods road but never a daylight pic. :-(

(Edited by woodseye at 8:37 am on Jan. 31, 2002)

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
woodseye
i appreciate the pics you must have 200+ cams out what a varity. lol ya needa site for just your photo album. keep them coming. im in florida all i get is foxes, squirrels, wabbits, possums and a few deer. ive even got my interested in this, can u believe that she hates hunting with a passion and just maybe i can get her in camo to go check cams with me .. thanks a million!...but she still gripes about the 100 bucks...lol..dernit

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
oops shes gonna get me now...i forgot important wrd up there..wife..i got my wife interested...

woodseye

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum BOHUNTER enjoyed you imput.Although I was a little worried,thought you was one of them split personalities till i saw your second post.LOL Trail cams can be as much fun for non-hunters as hunters. TAKE A SPOUSE CAMMIN!

woods

homer

Reaction score
woodseye, What kind of results have you had using scents for attracting deer? Been thinking about using doe in heat scent, but I think I'll wait till next fall.

woodseye

Reaction score
homer,I've had the best luck with a real piece of buck tarsal nailed 5-6 feet high on a tree. I get more does that respond to film containers with doe in heat scent than bucks. Werid Huh? scents work best up here Nov. to mid Dec. Any other time food sources-bedding areas and the trails between them are best with no scents.

woods

homer

Reaction score
woodseye, Do you find that you only get one good buck pic in a location? Then have to move the camera if you every want another pic of him. I hav'nt gotten a good buck pic  for a long time, I think I may have scared them all out of the area with my camera.

woodseye

Reaction score
homer I believe this 100 percent. I think once you go in after them with your cam and get them you will have to move some to get them again. I know there are some bucks that will let you pic them more than once but they are exceptions not the rule. Read my post below(what has your cam taught you posted by Welby) The bigger they are the harder to fool over again. Just like your best chance on a buck is the first time you sit a stand,the same with cam. They pattern you every time you go in thier area. Scrapes seem to be an exception during rut because you get different deer visiting from out of area and the rut moves them more. I'm lucky here in Maine that I have a lot of woods to keep moving around in. Downside is I'm on public land and won't leave my cams out in gun season. I lose 6 weeks of prime cammin time. I don't have trouble with bowhunters they co-exist well with cammers. Try tarsals during rut,you can get them at local deer processors they throw the legs away. KEEP MOVIN AROUND it makes it hard to pattern your cam and you'll get more buck pics.

woods

BOHUNTER

Reaction score
thanks woodseye, i m here to stay, gonna get that printed on a shirt for her...take a spouse cammin by woodseye  lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom