Highlander Digital Camera

Bow Runner

Reaction score
I was looking at this camera at cabellas.  i was wondering if anyone has any info on it.  It is a digital camera and it says that for night pics it uses "An infrared illumination system with laser aiming provides great pictures without spooking deer"  does this mean no flash.  I wonder how well this would work.  Does anybody have any night pics with this camera or know of anywhere that some are so i can take a look at them.

Thanks ....BR

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
BR, I saw those also. They look like they would be good but the price, :frown-blue:

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
Bow Runner, build your own. You will really enjoy it and the satisfaction is tremendous. Some people can't for many reasons but it is really simple with all the help here. If you need any help just ask here or e-mail me and i will help if I can. You will have a ball doing it and It may become addictive. That has happened more than once on this forum. MC.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mcinil

Bow Runner

Reaction score
I want to make the cam myself but i also want a digital setup.  There is not as much detailed info about the digital cams (only saw two different examples/types) as i would like.  ( unless i am missing some)

Also, if i have to buy a 300 dollar digital camera the last thing i want to do is screw it up so i can't use it at all.  Just a little weary i quess.  

However if i did make the digital camera and it worked then i could use it around the house too if i wanted and i like that.

What do you  guys think?

CWSMACKDOWN

Reaction score
Bow Runner, I was also looking at this camera & called the manufacter (Highlander Sports Inc.) & talked to Steve Smith.  He was involved with the research & development of this camera.  He said the black & white does not have a flash, but the color camera does.  He recommended the b&w because it gets better resolution than the color and it doesn't have the flash.  He was getting good pictures at night at 43 feet.  I was going to call him back and see if he could e-mail me some pics.  Please post any other information you find.  The phone # is 1-800-758-2346.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Welcome to JHP CW. Is that B&W camera IR?

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 2:33 pm on July 9, 2002)

Bow Runner

Reaction score
A guy from highlander e-mailed me back and gave me a link to this site.  it has one or two night pictures on it.  However the site is not totally finished though?

<http://home.hiwaay.net/~hosemd>

Advertisement

Top Bottom