Hike Of A Lifetime

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
OH -- MY -- GOD!

I'm going to have nightmares now. The first time he came to a missing patch of concrete, I reeled away from the monitor and grabbed the edge of the bed.

My knuckles are white and there's a permanent handgrip in the edge of the bed. The mattress will never be the same.

Who in SAM-HILL toted all that concrete up there on their backs to pour all those walkways? HOLY CRIMMONY, that must have been a job!

D3Lifer

Reaction score
A friend of mine e mailed that link earlier this week....I got vertigo just watching it. I wonder how many guys were killed in the construction of that trail. I cant imagine going up, let alone having to go back the same way.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
My palms are still sweating.
That's really something.

kelly106

Reaction score
Yeah, that doesn't seem to fun to me, I'm still shakin!

jackrabbit

Reaction score
The photographer better have been wearing a HELMUT CAM!! I remember the parachute drop, or whatever it was called (cages that fell down riding cable from a tall height) at Knotts Berry Farm in SoCal. I had my camera in my hands ready to photo the ground as we dropped. But the moment the cage dropped my arms involuntarily reached out instantly to grab the cage bars!! Good thing I had a neck strap on the camera or would would have knocked somebody in the head on the ground. It did look on the video that there was a safety line along the mountain wall most of the way, but it did not readily appear that the video guy was tethered to it as he passed a couple folks. I mean, who knows when another section of concrete is going to fail? Like Russian roulette with concrete instead of bullets.

Big_C

Reaction score
Heckuva sun burn on that first tourist he passed!

Didn't seem to be tethered, although the safety line was moving a bit so he was probably gripping it with his left hand.

that last section where all the concrete was gone for 4-5 feet and he walked along the metal would have made me turn back for sure!

Would have been nice to see the end of the trail and what it is that makes people want to risk their lives to see.

Rodney Hood

Reaction score
AHHHHHH...no freaking way!!! It might be bad idea when huge chunks of concrete are MISSING!!!

barel74

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big_C @ May 4 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Heckuva sun burn on that first tourist he passed!

Didn't seem to be tethered, although the safety line was moving a bit so he was probably gripping it with his left hand.[/b]
If that concrete broke under him, that left hand would'nt hold much. I would be wearing 6 harnesses, and all would be tethered to the safety cable.
That would be a cool vacation destination, though. Sure would get your heart racing

Advertisement

Top Bottom