His n Hers

Arrowhead

Reaction score
I made the two wingbones recently. One is from a gobbler I shot this year. The other is from a hen I found dead. It apprantly flew into a window we have at work and did herself in. I saw a pileated woodpecker do the same thing a week ago but it just shook it off and flew away.

RR1

Reaction score
Great looking wingbones and good picture. Thanks for sharing.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
The gobbler sounds pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Tried it in my garage and with the accustics it was extrememly loud. Outside it sounded just right to me. The hen is higher pitched. It sounds OK. I just prefer the gobbler.

I gave them both to a guy I work with.

I killed the gobbler so it is a gift from me. In a round about way the hen was killed by Fred Bear. This guy was a friend of Mr Bear's and also hunted with him at Grousehaven. He lives in a log cabin that is full of trophies he has taken as well out "outdoor stuff". He shared with me some neet things and I wanted to be able to recipracate. He is going to make a stand to display them in his house.

Thanks for the compliments. I learned how to make the calls here at Jesse's.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Those sure are pretty Jerry.
Is that glue or what is the tan stuff on the joints? I want to make my next batch with sinew.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Jesse >> I got the tan stuff idea off the wingbone tutoriol you posted

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index....howtopic=170212

It is a two part wood epoxy. Got it at home depot. Cut off a chunk and mix. Then you can form it like playdough/putty. I really like it.
They had it in several colors. I want to experiment a little adding dye or paint.

I think you could make a nice tapered joint for the sinew.

Here is a Lamar Williams WB with sinew.

Advertisement

Top Bottom