Hog Hunting Carrizo Plains near Kern Land Company

Hog slayer

Reaction score
Has anyone chased any hogs around the carrizo plains area lately. I have hunted around the Kern land company area before but never had any luck. Any suggestions out there.
Thanks Pappy

Daveyboy

Reaction score
I have just started scouting it. Going to take another scouting/hunt up to some good looking areas I have recon'd, as soon as I can. Within the week I think.

el hunter

Reaction score
Ive heard people get hogs border line of private property. good luck. does this area require a pass good luck to you.

Hog slayer

Reaction score
I know it is getting a little late to chase these hogs but we are still going to give it a try. I was all fired up about VBAF base but you need to be in the military. Well we might try Fort Hunter Liggiett. Just don't know yet. Still a little mad about Tejon ranch about not allowing hunting there yet. Well always fun to try a new spot. I have seen some hog by Kern land company but far a few. But the one I did saw was a Trophy. The hog was big as a small steer. Looks like kern land company here we come.

Daveyboy

Reaction score
When are you heading out there? I was thinking of heading out next weekend if my other plans fall through. Scouted some good looking area earlier this month that I think I will hang around.

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
I tried it a while back. I found sign, but never connected. The key is the private property, unless your up there when it's storming from what I could tell. It appears that most of the wildlife primarily utilize the private property. If you travel around there for a bit, it begins to make sense pretty quick. From what you've stated, I'd try the Kern land, or FHL, unless you enjoy a real challenge.

Best of luck!

Top Bottom