Hog hunting

shoot-it

Reaction score
:pig-laughing: had a Friend pick me up and we headed to a ranch he has permission to hunt.These hogs come out of the hills and feed on almonds and destroy orchards. Well we are driving around I spot a good size hog I get out and she takes off but stops and gives me a 80 yard broad side shot I sent a 130 gr E-tip from my 270 Ruger right in the broiler room I saw the impact she then ran off but fell 30 feet away dead.:smiley_yahoo: My first hog !finally got that monkey off my back.

We drive around some more and my buddy spot another high tailing it he said take that one to and I said OK. I hit it in the shoulder and spine it dropped in it's tracks. The e-tips from my 270 worked awesome.

map

Reaction score
Congrats. They have a nice long nose.

huntingbret

Reaction score
Nice to see you here too buddy. Keep up the great pig killing.

shoot-it

Reaction score
I had morning sausage mad from the younger sow it came out very good.The older sow went to a Mexican man I know they made a stew out of it with hot peppers and eat it in a week. It wasn't bad just to spicy for me it would burn a hole in my stomach the way they cook it.

559hog

Reaction score
Dang, are you hunting in Merced??? Good stuff brotha!

shoot-it

Reaction score
West of I5 I was just a guest I wish I had permisson of my own it was a fun hunt.
I was hearing bad storys of how the new copper bullets don't work they don't expand etc.These did expand the opening hole was the size of a half dallor and the big sows lungs were mush.

#1Predator

Reaction score
Nice meat pigs! I can't wait to get out there (busy with my daughter's wedding right now).

catchdog

Reaction score
congrats shoot ,it keep on wackin them pigs.put the bullet in the right place and they go down.

aerospace90248

Reaction score
:pig-laughing: had a Friend pick me up and we headed to a ranch he has permission to hunt.These hogs come out of the hills and feed on almonds and destroy orchards. Well we are driving around I spot a good size hog I get out and she takes off but stops and gives me a 80 yard broad side shot I sent a 130 gr E-tip from my 270 Ruger right in the broiler room I saw the impact she then ran off but fell 30 feet away dead.:smiley_yahoo: My first hog !finally got that monkey off my back.

We drive around some more and my buddy spot another high tailing it he said take that one to and I said OK. I hit it in the shoulder and spine it dropped in it's tracks. The e-tips from my 270 worked awesome.

Great Shooting!! Those will make nice for some bacon and ribs. Hmm:stir pot:

-Trinidad

sancho

Reaction score
hmmmm....chili verde??

those pigs look delicious! lucky dude, you.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom