Hog Recipe

rdrrm8e

Reaction score
Since I am new to this I really wanted the first meal to turn out well.

So I picked a chop portion that Bree's Meats in Garden Grove had prepped for me and did this:

I butterflyed the chop section flat and filled it with a cornbread/apple sausage stuffing that I made. I rolled it and tied it and sauteed in butter and evoo.

I put the skillet into a 375 oven for 1 hour and when the center was 153 I pulled it out. After sautee I finished in the oven and served it with fresh green beans with bacon and onions.

Absolutely FANTASTIC! INCREDIBLE! The wife was stoked!

EvBouret

Reaction score
looks great...i think you're supposed to let the meat hit 165 to kill any bugs?? I could be wrong. Some places say 160, some say 170 so I usually go for the middle road.

PORCH

Reaction score
By the looks of that table setup...somebody was trying to score some points for tonight....haha

bigworm

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EvBouret @ Apr 27 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
looks great...i think you're supposed to let the meat hit 165 to kill any bugs?? I could be wrong. Some places say 160, some say 170 so I usually go for the middle road.[/b]
165 Degrees for 3 minutes

BDB

Reaction score
Looks great! Check out the recipe forum for more good recipies, they will keep you cooking for months

BGH831

Reaction score
Freeze it for 90 days prior to cooking and remeber your 10 min 10 degree after cooking and pull when you like. 90 days of below freezeing kills anything. Same goes for Fish A.K.A. Sushi. Do it all the time I'm still kickin haven't gotten sick yet. Try Deboneing and pounding with tenderizer season to taste egg dip, flour/corn meal dip and fry in butter. I love to do "831" Dry spice rub on ribs and chops and cook over oak. If your worried about it pull it at 160 and it will be finished at 170 more than hot enough for Uncle Sam.

Top Bottom