Hogs at Alder Creek

code3punk

Reaction score
I was out at alder creek scouting for deer a little and saw 4 hogs about 2 mile past the campground , as soon as they saw me they shot out of there but 1 was about 200 lbs big ole boy, I am goona go back in there next week I just want a pig.... I am thinking about carrizo plains but it seems most post center around a winter type thing so maybe i am hunting to early lol

Loye

Reaction score
I hear they stock Alder and Cedar Creeks in the spring with trout. I just happened to be in that area a couple weeks ago while heading up to the Kern River. Totally looked like awesome country for hunting. I might wanna try bear hunting this yr and that certainly looks like the place to start looking around. See any bear sign ?

Shot

Reaction score
where about are you guys talking about? only alder creek I know is in Yosemite, and obivously there is no hunting there.

gc4279

Reaction score
Alder and Cedar creeks are in zone D8 off Hwy 155, west of greenhorn summit.

sportyg

Reaction score
MY old stomping grounds... many ayear ago..

larrysogla

Reaction score
Sportyg,
Do tell us a little bit how it was in bygone days in your old stomping grounds. Sure would like to hear about them carefree & wideopen days. I surely, sorely miss 'em.
God Bless. larrysogla.

sportyg

Reaction score
Back in the mid 70s when I first started hunting again. I used to hunt with a fireman from Long Beach Shipyard, Swan was the family name. He and his family knew some folks around there so we use to be able to hunt both private and public land. The hunting was very good as long as you didn't mind working for your deer. He transfered to Japan after a few years. I still hunted the area met a family from Porterville who also hunted up that way. Hunted the area with them for a few years they hunted using motorcycles. After James passed away. I didn't see them out there any longer. I hunted the area for a couple more years then a lot of road hunter started coming into the area. Driving around drinking beer. Since I hunt in camo even during rifle season I stopped hunting the area didn't want to get shot by some drunk. Another friend from the shipyard wanted me to bow hunt Utah with him so I started bow hunting up by Beaver. Tags where over the counter buck or doe. It was only an 8 hr drive from LB. Great hunting during archery season. Bob, and I stopped hunting there when tags went up to $200.00. We hunted A-19. That is a hot sopt if you know the area. Last time I was up that way however a lot of cats and a couple of bear had moved in. I was even stalked by one. That was right after they had the big fire have not been back since then.( by the way the trout fishing is the best as it is in the Golden State Trout Wilderness) Gee looks like I'm typing my hunting history here... So I won't bore you all any longer.. And yes I have taken deer from each of those places. The biggest has been from the Utah. Then Alder Creek..

larrysogla

Reaction score
Thanks Sportyg. California is still a great state, just the population pressure is enormous & it is unstoppable. Good old days at Alder Creek & other places too.
larrysogla.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom