Hogs hunting near Fort Hunter Liggett?

btrebil

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any public land hog hunting near fort hunter ligget that I can do this coming friday. If anyone knows of any, please post directions. My buddy and I are going up to the Fort for opening deer archery this weekend and we were going to be getting up early on friday to sign in, but we were hoping to put in some early morning pig hunting near the fort if we could find any huntable land. Please help if you can.
Thank you,
Brett

easymoney

Reaction score
Unfortunately the closest NF land is closed due to the Indians and Basin fires. The next closest would be BLM land near Coalinga, but can be sketchy at best. Do a back search on it or checkout the links jesse has provided at the to of the forum page.
Good luck...

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
If you do end up hunting the BLM ground near Parkfield and Coalinga be very carfull that you stay on the public areas... Most of teh ranchers in that area are not very forgiving.

btrebil

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up guys, i did a few searches on here for the blm lands up there and it doesn't sound like it is worth the potential headache. So I guess I will just enjoy my friday off anticipating the saturday morning hunt at the Fort.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Big Sandy Wildlife Area near Camp Roberts has pigs sometimes if you have bow, no rifles allowed. It's down along the Salinas River across from the Camp Bob gate

Top Bottom