Hole sizes?

cgchris99

Reaction score
I am getting ready to mount my camera.

I have seen various posts on the size of holes.

I have seen 5/8 & 3/4 for the PIR (RSversion)

What about the rest of the camera.  The main lens and the Flash hole?  I may possibly buy the 30mm uv lens for hole glass.

This is a PF camera and a pelican 1120 case.

Thanks for any advice.

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Chris:

I use one inch for the RS PIR, 1 3/8 for the shutter and 1/5 inch for the flash - would have used 1.75 for the flash but didn't have a hole saw that size. Have you already mounted the RS PIR? I sanded off the face of the housing (with the guts removed), reinstalled the board, drilled 1/16 holes in the side to extend out the fours wires (pin 2, ground, and two speaker wires) and mounted it to the floor on the inside of the 1120 with 1/8 double sided foam tape. The fresnel lens is glued over the hole in the door after I verified alignments. Seems to work great - it ons it maiden voyage over some great looking buck rubs.

Matt in MO

Stickbow

Reaction score
Chris,

I use a 1 1/4" hole saw for the lens/flash openings when using the 30mm UV filters. These fit perfectly...with a little effort you get almost a watertight seal even before siliconing.

For the PIR opening, I use a 1" hole saw. Anything larger over extends the width of the sensor beam resulting in pictures being taken before the game is in view of the lens. Also, this leaves a good amount of fresnal lens overlap to apply the glue/seal around the hole.

Top Bottom