Home brew timers???

2zwudz

Reaction score
  For those of you who make your own trail cameras what kind of timer settings does your cameras have?   Do any of them have short timing sequences like 3 to 5 seconds between pictures?   I have a trail camera that I like but I would like it to have a shorter time between pictures.   I am very interested in making one if I could get the short timing between pictures.   I am not real familiar with cameras or electronics but it sure sounds like fun to try.  On a home brew camera is  there anyway to eliminate the missfires in the hot summer months?  Where is the best place to get information on how to build a home brew camera for a guy who is very new to this?
Thanks Mark

davered1

Reaction score
Build one straight out of the box with a MS 20,set it on test and with the resistor in circuit you will have a 4 second delay. Of course that is 4 seconds after movement stops but trust me you will get lots of multiple pics of same animal so you won't miss anything.

The RS sensor has a 5 second cycle so you can go either one and not even worry about added timers

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
2zwudz, Welcome to JHP. I use Brians chip on my board and my timer settings go from 10 sec. to 20 min. It deppends on where I put my cams on what setting I put them on. If I put them on a trail I use 10 sec. and on a feeder I put it on 20 min. Dave has gave you the best advice if you just want 4 or 5 sec. settings, that way you don't have to build a timmer. Here is the link to build a homebrew of your own.http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/homebrew-cams.html Good luck.

wfontjr

Reaction score
for my personal cameras i always use a ms20, in test mode the 5 sec delay, and i add a 2 minute delay to the auto, i now use jons mods for that, in the past i used welby/tinhorns one shot 2 minute delay

Top Bottom