home brew trail timer

Stever

Reaction score
Has anyone explored time stamping for trackers. I have a tough time finding owl date cameras and thought why not time stamp printers similar to  some cash registers have date and time stamping on reciepts couldn't we borrow their technology.
Thoughts are appreciated.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Stever,
I bet you could hack a small handheld printing calculator fairly easily.  Power consumption might be an issue though.
I use 'Hobo' data loggers by Onset in some of my trail-cams to log event date.  These can also do temp, humidity, rainfall, light level - very fun.

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I have been "Watching" for a Cheap-to-Build date/time recorder of some kind.  Caller ID units are only <$10 but the date/time info comes in along with the call,  was hoping Golf Score Recording units from RS would work but they don't record that info....

Calculators huh?

What else mite work,  are those Hobo thingys under $1000????

Of course JoeD's new "Do-All" timer has a built in counter with the delay function,  I purchased 2 from him and still have not breadboarded or built one yet.......

Tinhorn

Stever

Reaction score
Was at office depot today, they have those casio etc data bank calender calculater units start at $10.00. Realize I have one in my desk that I could rip apart. Saves date and time in scheduler etc.
Thoughts?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Stever,
That Casio job sounds like it might be worth a look!
Let us in on any interesting info you come up with.

Tinhorn...I don't think JoeDs chip records the date /time - just events.  The Hobo 'event' data loggers cost between 55-80 US$.  The weather data loggers run between 50-120 US$ depending upon type. Statistical software for the loggers is ~15 US$

Archilochus

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Archy,

u're rite about JoeD's timer IC, I don't know what I was thinking of.......Duh!

TinHEAD

Latest Posts

Top Bottom