Home-made camera mount

hemlock

Reaction score
I've been looking for a solid mounting system for my digital camera. Something to carry with me for hunting. To take pictures with the self-timer on the camera. The tripods I have are either too bulky to carry, or too small to get an eye-level picture. I came up with this home-made mount. It straps to any tree that's handy, at any height you choose. Made out of a plastic over-the-door-clothes hook from Wal-mart. A 1/4 in eye-bolt, washer, hex nut and wing-nut. Total cost less than $3. The nylon lashing strap I had, but they can be bought 2 for $5.98 at Wal-mart. Just trim off the part that would hang over the door with a hacksaw. Carefully drill a 1/4 inch hole and put on the hardware. Feed the strap through it and mount to your favorite tree. Not exactly state of the art, but it works.

Attachments

campkopasquat

Reaction score
Hemlock,
Great idea! I actually found 1/4" nuts with a wingnut type head at Home Depot in the hardware aisle. They have an area where they have specialty hardware in different drawers. I'm using these for a couple deer cams I'm building to screw the camera to a bracket inside the case.
Camp

DLuke

Reaction score
Bingo!! Very nice...Off to the hardware store I go! DL

D Letho

Reaction score
Great idea ! I have a home made one also but that is still out in the woods . I found an old perm. stand in the middle of the swamp . I rebuilt it and use it some times . I left the cam mount in that tree stand . I dont use that stand alot since I feel deer will be real hip to it if I use it alot . It is a little ways back and I have not been back to pick it up.

I took flat stock heated it up bent it in a half moon shape . Then took 1 " pipe bent it into a 90 degree bend. Welded the 90 to the flat. Then I took the top of an old tripod camera mount and stuck the pan inside the 90 . Works good for what it is .

I bought the garilla camera arm from WalMart right before my trip to Maine last year. Real nice for the 35 bucks .

Don

Top Bottom