home made camera

deerone

Reaction score
hey i am new to this site and forum and would like a list of the components of the homebrew trail camera that you have made please e-mail it to me if possible. i would like to make one. thanks
thomasja@hopper.net email

deerone

Reaction score
hey i am new to this site and forum and would like a list of the components of the homebrew trail camera that you have made please e-mail it to me if possible. i would like to make one. thanks
thomasja@hopper.net email

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Hey deerone,Welcome to jesses page.
 What you need to do is go to the link above that says: "back to jesses hunting page and gear review"
click "cam trakkers" then click the homebrew link,there it all is for you to pour over.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Hey deerone,Welcome to jesses page.
 What you need to do is go to the link above that says: "back to jesses hunting page and gear review"
click "cam trakkers" then click the homebrew link,there it all is for you to pour over.

deerone

Reaction score
hey i made a camera with the solenoid swith that you guys told me about but i cant get the solenoid to push the camera help any suggestions

deerone

Reaction score
hey i made a camera with the solenoid swith that you guys told me about but i cant get the solenoid to push the camera help any suggestions

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Which Soleniod, what voltage is it rated for,  What voltage are you operating it at. Does it feel like it has enough force.  Give us a little more about your problem, camera, etc.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Which Soleniod, what voltage is it rated for,  What voltage are you operating it at. Does it feel like it has enough force.  Give us a little more about your problem, camera, etc.

gizz

Reaction score
#Moderation Mode

I'm movin this to the Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders, you'll get plenty of help there.
Technically it is Ok here but fits better in the other forum.

Moved here

gizz

Reaction score
#Moderation Mode

I'm movin this to the Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders, you'll get plenty of help there.
Technically it is Ok here but fits better in the other forum.

Moved here

deerone

Reaction score
hey the solenoid is the one that is recommended by the trail cam site bought at jameco.i am using a 6 volt battery. it just dose not push hard enough. i am going to wire it in series with two 6 volts to make 12 volts. ijust do not understand how you get it to return back after it pushes. how close to the camera do you mount it.

Old Scout

Reaction score
If you do a search on solenoids you'll find several post on them.  Most of the post seem to suggest that using a solenoid is more trouble than it's worth.  I just built my first camera using one and I'm inclined to agree.  On my next one I plan on following Jesse's instructions on wiring into the camera.  I didn't do it this time because my ability to solder tiny electronic components was none existent but after a couple of months of practice I've now got the confidence to give it a try.

If you care to e-mail me, I'd be more than happy to share what I've learned about hooking up a solenoid.

Markwelb@bellsouth.net

davered1

Reaction score
deeone,

What camera are you using? Those selenoids take up a lot of space and have to be set just right to ensure it presses shutter button properly evertime. Probably easier(only sounds harder) to wire up a camera.

my 2 cents

deerone

Reaction score
davered1
iam going to use a old kodak camera that my wife ad before we got married. I think that i have it figured out i just have to sit down and do it. i have every thing mounted in the case i just need to make the bracket it works and it will trigger the camera. i wired up two 6 volt batteries and now need to put bracket in the case whish me luck. plan on tackling the bracket wednesday or thursday. see ya.

Top Bottom