Homemade Deer Feeder

Trooper

Reaction score
Looking to build some homemade deer feeders?  No motors or battery operated ones please.  Any plans that work well out there.  Please send the to me at mdburns@bayou.com.  Many thanks

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Trooper >> You may want to look in the HOME MADE FORUM. I know there were some threads on this subject.

Good Luck.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Trooper and welcome to Jessie's Hunting Pages.  There are many discussions in the HOME MADE FORUM here.  One of my most successful types without any motors or batteries is the PVC tubing kind.  I use a section of 8" diameter pvc pipe about 6 ft. long.  At the bottom I reduce down to 4" and put a very short section of 4" pipe out of the reducer fitting.  On the end of the short 4" pipe I put a 4" diameter wye fitting.  Put this wye fitting on up-side-down so that the open end of the wye branch looks up toward the sky.  I install a plug or cap in the bottom 4" end.  Drill several holes in the cap to drain water.  Hang or mount this whole thing with the 8" opening up and the 4" plugged end down.  I use an 8" pipe cap on top to keep the rain and snow out.  The deer can stick their nose into the wye branch of the fitting on the bottom and feed to their hearts content.  I fill them with cracked or whole kernel corn.  The whole kernel corn works best for me especially in winter because sometimes the moisture in the cracked corn will freeze and plug up the opening.  Go to the Home Made area for this kind of stuff.

Top Bottom