Homer!!!

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
Where are you getting the Hoffman Boxes?  Also, what are they costing you?  I got a qoute from ETA for 16.00 plus about 5 for shipping.

(Edited by STR8SHTR at 9:02 pm on Jan. 20, 2002)

homer

Reaction score
STR8SHTR, I bought a hoffman box at an electrical whole sale house in minneapolis for $26.00 last summer. but when I tried to buy one localy they wanted $36.00, so I only have one so far.If you buy that box let me know how you like it.

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
Homer, I just ordered one today for 22.60 and that includes shipping.

homer

Reaction score
I hope thats the same box, it has a hinge and a latch that you can paddle lock. the top has a rain hood that you can mount your LED in. heavy duty box.

d91

Reaction score
That is about the average price... with the shipping. CamBar in SC charges 25. So far, I have been able to gleen mine from the top of a local salesman's generosity.

homer

Reaction score
STR8SHTR Did you order your box off the internet? If so do you have a ULR for that company? Thanks

TmKarren

Reaction score
Homer, I'm here.  Have you checked Gray Bar in Duluth for the boxs'?  Do you have a picture of what the box looks like?  If you want I'll wire your cams up for ya.  I like doing the cams.  Sorry we interupted your dinner last night.  Thanks for letting us come over.  So your the one to blame for this madness. (game cameras)  I took the PIR off and checked it out it works.  It must have came loose from the switch.  I'm going to reconstruct the box anyway.  Put the PIR inside.  Make room for the 12v.

(Edited by TmKarren at 7:25 pm on Jan. 24, 2002)

homer

Reaction score
TM,  I did'nt check gray bar. I checked at viking elec. and they wanted $36.00.I thought that was a little to much.I don't have a picture of the box, maybe D91 has one? you can go to this address and maybe see one there. http://www.hoffmanonline.com/PDFCatalog/Commercial/index.htm        I'm hoping that str8shter comes thru with a web site for them, $22.00 is a good price. Next time I take the camera out of the woods I'll bring it by and show you. It makes for a nice set up. alittle heavy.I think I'll take you up on the offer to wire my cameras, if you have the time. Is this T or C that i'm talking to? anyway Thanks Homer.

homer

Reaction score
TM d91 has a post on this thread, you can go to his photo and see the box there.mine is set up a little differant then his. I have the LED at the top thru the rain hood and the sensor all on the inside.

STR8SHTR

Reaction score
Homer!! I apologize for taking so long to respond.  Here is the link to the company for the Hoffman Boxes.  They do not have them listed on their website.  You have to call them.  Talk to a lady by the name of Laura Gonzalez.  She is very nice and helpful.
http://www.etaengineering.com

Also their phone number is 1-877-964-4188.

Sorry again that it took so long.

(Edited by STR8SHTR at 9:07 am on Jan. 25, 2002)

homer

Reaction score
STR8SHTR, no problem no need to apologize.Thanks for the info.

homer

Reaction score
TM, did you check out d91 post on this thread? He has a pic of that box on his site. I'll be in touch about having you wire a couple cameras for me. Thanks Homer

TmKarren

Reaction score
does anyone have the part number for the 9v relay for the mainstays PIR??  They have a couple of them I don't know what one to order from allelectronics.  Thank you.  Homer I saw the box D91 has it's nice I like the camo job.  He did a good job.  The box looks like it's a heavy duty one.  what is it 6x6x4"??

TmKarren

Reaction score
I put the PIR inside the box.  I forgot why I put it outside the box.  So I could set the delay with it hanging on the tree.  I'm going to take the switch off the PIR and wire it so the DPDT or what ever the switch is so it runs the camera, LED, and the & the 2 second, 2 minute delay.  Set the 2 second for  the LED.  and the 2 minute for the camera for now.  hope it works it's worth a try. At least I can test it and set it without opening it.  

(Edited by TmKarren at 9:07 pm on Jan. 26, 2002)

wfontjr

Reaction score
9v relay all electronics ,page34 rly264, you will have to cut the ms20 plastic up, its all little taller than radio shack, you will also have to remove one of the caps off of the board to get in on, if you buy them drop me an email and i can send you the cap number to remove

Latest Posts

Top Bottom