"Honestly, besides being tortured, what did McCain do to excel in

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
Some on left target McCain's war record

The highest-voltage third rail of this presidential campaign may not be race, sex or age, but John McCain's military service.

On Sunday, McCain's campaign issued a pair of outraged statements after retired general and Barack Obama supporter Wesley Clark said he didn't think that McCain’s service as a fighter pilot and prisoner of war was relevant to running the country. Obama has consistently praised McCain's service, and called him "a genuine American hero."

But farther to the left — and among some of McCain's conservative enemies as well — harsher attacks are circulating. Critics have accused McCain of war crimes for bombing targets in Hanoi in the 1960s. A widely read liberal blog on Sunday accused McCain of "disloyalty" during his captivity in Vietnam for his coerced participation in propaganda films and interviews after he had been tortured.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/11429.html

gwhunter69

Reaction score
Stupid, stupid, stupid...this is the stuff that blows up in your face.

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
apparently being a POW, veteran, and patriot is no merit in this country. while obama will not even release his birth certificate. like CS said in another post: buy alot of ammo.

barel74

Reaction score

maybe being a POW doesn't qualify you to be president. But I sure trust 25 years in congress more than the 145 days ole Barry Obama put in.

Common Sense

Reaction score
I reckon that means JFK was no war hero either. After all, PT 109 was lost and lives were lost under his command.

ETC2NA

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
You all know I am not a big McCain guy, but at least he served.

Val

Reaction score
HuntingAnywhere,
Before you go around quoting that bleeding heart liberal BS propoganda, you might try doing some research because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Try reading his book and see what he did. In the book he significantly downplays his heroics and talks about the heroics of his fellow prisoners. John McCain is an American hero and under five years of brutality and torture stood tall. A man that can stand up to what he did is very qualified to be our president. I believe he was in Hanoi when your liberal icon Hanoi Jane went there and comforted our enemies.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Try Jeremiah Denton's book about his time as a POWs at the Hanoi Hilton. "When Hell Was In Session". I don't have much resect for McCain as a politician but his service was honorable. Since he was an admiral's nephew the Vietnamese offered him early release and he refused. The Vietnamese then put the screws to him using torture. Staying behind knowing you're gonna be screwed up pretty bad carries a lot of weight among your fellow vets.

As far as those POWs being tortured into making statements, every man and woman has a breaking point. It's why the military POW code of conduct was altered after Vietnam to state that you are to resist to the best of your ability. Do you really think someone who has jumper cables clamped to their scrotum every day will last long? I don't.

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Val @ Jun 30 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HuntingAnywhere,
Before you go around quoting that bleeding heart liberal BS propoganda, you might try doing some research because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Try reading his book and see what he did. In the book he significantly downplays his heroics and talks about the heroics of his fellow prisoners. John McCain is an American hero and under five years of brutality and torture stood tall. A man that can stand up to what he did is very qualified to be our president. I believe he was in Hanoi when your liberal icon Hanoi Jane went there and comforted our enemies.[/b]

val,

i do my research. all i am doing is presenting an absurd article written by the liberals. i am nor right nor left: i wanted to show you wht america has become. open your eyes and realize that this nation is: the left and the right. and its a battle that is only getting nastier.

the left is stronger and it is growing...

i am a mccain man, who walks what obama talks. i was just as upset as you probably were when you attacked me! so i decided to share it to get peoples view of this. i read both sides and judge only after i have gather enough information to make a wise decision.

on a side note: i been going for mccain since before he had financial problems in his campaign.

bobcatman04

Reaction score
It's pretty sad that we're all so sensitive. this is what the Democrats have made us. It's going to get a whole lot nastier before some one strong enough steps in to take the reins. Then it might be the wrong person.
Be wise and thoughtful, read the good book, look for signs, If you ask you'll be given the knowledge to see what's really happening, just be prepared. Stock up on things to take care of yourself and family.

Nimrod77

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HuntingAnywhere @ Jun 30 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Val @ Jun 30 2008, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HuntingAnywhere,
Before you go around quoting that bleeding heart liberal BS propoganda, you might try doing some research because you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Try reading his book and see what he did. In the book he significantly downplays his heroics and talks about the heroics of his fellow prisoners. John McCain is an American hero and under five years of brutality and torture stood tall. A man that can stand up to what he did is very qualified to be our president. I believe he was in Hanoi when your liberal icon Hanoi Jane went there and comforted our enemies.[/b]

val,

i do my research. all i am doing is presenting an absurd article written by the liberals. i am nor right nor left: i wanted to show you wht america has become. open your eyes and realize that this nation is: the left and the right. and its a battle that is only getting nastier.

the left is stronger and it is growing...

i am a mccain man, who walks what obama talks. i was just as upset as you probably were when you attacked me! so i decided to share it to get peoples view of this. i read both sides and judge only after i have gather enough information to make a wise decision.

on a side note: i been going for mccain since before he had financial problems in his campaign.
[/b][/quote]

chuam

Reaction score
Just wondering but how does being a POW and a fighter pilot make you into presidential material? I'm sure there are plenty of people who were POW's and in the service who aren't presidential material. I like the outrage over nothing............
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Now A McCain Surrogate Demeans Wes Clark's Service

Here's what Orson Swindle, a fellow POW of McCain's, said on the call, in a reference to generals, admirals, and other officers who back the Arizona Senator:

"General Clark probably wouldn't get that much praise from this group. I can't speak for them, but we all know that General Clark, as high-ranking as he is, his record in his last command I think was somewhat less than stellar."[/b]
link

So being Supreme Allied Commander of NATO is less than stellar?????

bobcatman04

Reaction score
That's right. Book smart, life stupid.
He wanted to shoot at Russians and the British Commander, told him, I'm not going to let you start
WW III. He refused to do it.
Less then steller.
He's just disgruntled because a junior officer is doing more than him. That should be me, I have more rank. JMHO

gwhunter69

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
So being Supreme Allied Commander of NATO is less than stellar?????[/b]
If you are talking about the incompetent Wesley Clarke, then Yes...Why else would he have been fired as Supreme Allied Commander? It cracks me up that the DNC props this guy up as some kind of hero, when he is credited for nearly starting WWIII.

pbrdog

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gwhunter69 @ Jul 2 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
So being Supreme Allied Commander of NATO is less than stellar?????[/b]
If you are talking about the incompetent Wesley Clarke, then Yes...Why else would he have been fired as Supreme Allied Commander? It cracks me up that the DNC props this guy up as some kind of hero, when he is credited for nearly starting WWIII.
[/b][/quote]

Whenever they (dems) can get anybody that was prior military to back them up, they jump on it. Too bad they were military failures though.

PIGIG

Reaction score
jessie ventura said it best as much as quack he is!!!

" I have no one to vote for" adding that there should be a way to vote for "none of the above" to show a vote of " no confidence in my government."

Top Bottom