Honeymoon

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a nice lodge/cabin in the eastern Sierra for a week long trip in July. Sonia and I want to spend a week in the eastern Sierra for our honeymoon. Any recommendations/contact info would be appreciated.

Does anyone know the contact info for Tom's Place?

hronk

Reaction score
Bishop Creek Lodge/ Parchers camp is located about 18 mi. west of Bishop 6 and 1 mi. from South Lake on Hiway 168.  Both places have nice cabins and a restaurant and the people are very friendly... Their phone # is 760 873 6152.    Toms Place at the top of Sherwin Grade is 760 9354239 and Rock Cr Lodge is 760 935 4170.   I personally would go with Bishop cr......Hronk

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
We're going to be up there 4th of July week so we're leaning toward Tom's Place. It would be nice to watch the fireworks over Crowley from our cabin porch. Although the Bishop Creek drainage might not be a bad bet. Does Bishop have fireworks?

hronk

Reaction score
I gave you the wrong phone # for Bishop Cr.  It's 760 8734484.  Yes. Bishop has a great display and there is a neat viewing area about 7 mi. from Bishop Cr. Lodge at about 7000 ft looking down at the valley which is at 4000 + ft.....hronk

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Karstic,

You may want to give Tamarack Lodge a call. (760)934-2442.  They've got a main lodge and a bunch of little cabins surrounding it and nestled in the trees.  My wife and I stayed in one for the 2nd week of our honeymoon and it was great.  Located right on Mammoth's Twin Lakes.

Regards,
Paul

T F Coyote

Reaction score
Try the Bridgeport area.  There are several good B&Bs in town.  The Twin Lakes area (10 miles out of town) has many nice cabins for rent.  I don't have any specific contact information, but try www.395.com

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Forgot to add, the dog will be with us, so the Tamarack Lodge is out. We are thinking more of June Lake so we would be more centrally located to do some sightseeing ie Mono Lake, Bodie, Yosemite.

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Too bad Tamarack is out.  As you may know, that area has been pretty active with respect to earthquakes for the has 6-8 years.  On our honeymoon a little rumbler hit right in the middle of our "celebrating".  I now get to tell people that I was so great "the earth moved."

Best wishes for a happy marriage,
Paul

Latest Posts

Top Bottom