Honeysuckle

deergrower

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go about transplanting Japanese Honeysuckle any help please?

bowhtr1

Reaction score
I just pulled some up and kept them wet. When I got home I stuck it in the ground and kept the dirt wet until it started growing. I even had some live that didnt have roots when I pulled them up. I did this in the spring when it wasnt very hot.

Terrill

Reaction score
Ditto, I had the same result from pulling some out of my wife's garden and carrying them to the woods. Seems like that stuff will always take hold.

scr83jp

Reaction score
Check with your Game & Fish Dept before transplanting Japanese Honeysuckle.It's considered a noxious invasive weed to some since it's not native to this country.

HabitatJunkie

Reaction score
Id cut it in tiny pieces, soak in gasoline, let sit a week, then burn every last trace. In no circumstances should you transplant an aggresive exotic invasive plant that will degrade the environment like that one....

almtnman

Reaction score
Originally posted by HabitatJunkie@Sep 22 2004, 08:59 AM
Id cut it in tiny pieces, soak in gasoline, let sit a week, then burn every last trace. In no circumstances should you transplant an aggresive exotic invasive plant that will degrade the environment like that one....
It might be invasive, but it pulls deer in like a magnet, especially when it's fertilized regularly with triple 13. It's one of the best deer browse plants around.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom