Honkers and Mallrds feeding heavy

Spec

Reaction score
Last 2 evenings while dove hunting watched as many large groups of birds came out of the marsh and begain feeding in the wheat fields they came in for almost a hour from the Susuin marsh hope they keep this up later in the season!!!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Hey Spec,

Haven't seen any newbies around here lately. When I get up to the dams in the local mountains I peek over to see who's paddling around. Usually a few mallards, ringnecks and some widgeon.

One time 2 years ago I was working in the dam operator's control house and I hadn't had a look yet and I kept hearing whistling like from widgeon. I asked the guy what all the noise was and he just smiled and pointed.

I poked my head out the door and in the 3 acres pool behind the dam it was jammed packed with ducks just going to town on the duck weed. Mostly widgeon and they were so noisy you couldn't hardly talk to another person next to you without hollering.

The dam gates were being worked on and the water had sat stagnant enough to let the duckweed grow and the birds just flocked in the operator said. Wish I would have had a camera, it was quite a sight.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom