Honkers

Cahunter

Reaction score
Any one ever hunt geese near sac my friend moved uip ther and I was trying to get him to set up a hunt. Just wondered if anyone has hunted up that way and with who.

mudhen

Reaction score
I really haven't shot many honkers in the inner Sac Valley area.

I know they are here, but they don't seem to frequent the regular 'rice' circuit areas of; Gridley - Richvale - Willows - Colusa.

But I have shot them all along the eastern edge of the Sac Valley stretching from Wilton to Oroville.

Places like Lincoln, D10, and anyhwere in the foothills, are a good place to start.

All of my hunting has been on private rice clubs, but I'm sure someone here can provide a public spot or two.

mudhen - CA

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I'm not a big goose hunter at all but one thing I have noticed in the D10/Marysville rice fields since the mid-70's is that there are more honkers. Also, the honkers have made it up into the Foothill country quite a ways over the last 25 - 30 years. Over the last 5 years, I'm seeing more and more flocks of honkers in ponds that are up to 2000 feet in elevation in that area.

From the handful of ponds I've been watching in the foothills, they seem to be local honkers never migrating.

Top Bottom