Hook Up

Brian S

Reaction score
  I got back last night from a great trip out of Sea Forth next to Sea World, San Diego. We went out on the "Outer Limits" for a 2 day trip after albicore. The first morning we were out about 60-70 miles with all the one day boats and nailed a fair amount of albies with some yellow tail in the kelp. I had the Jackpot yellow tail until being topped by 2oz'z that night. We then moved down to the 110 mile range and really got into the tuna. It was an 80/20 split albacore and blue fin. The next morning we were back at the 60 mile spot until noon before making the haul back home. Time to fire up the BBQ.
Brian

Thonzberry

Reaction score
Brian,  Sounds like a kick ass time you had. Did anyone hook up any Blue Fin if so how big?

Brian S

Reaction score
The blue fin that we cought were the same size as the albies. I had the biggest fish for a while at around 19 or 20 lbs. I would say that the average fish went  14-18 lbs. Nothing big but it was tons of action, we had 15 fisherman on the charter and we put a bunch of fish in the cooler. When we got back to the landing there was a 3 day boat that just wacked em. THere were plastic bags and whole fish all over the place. The seas were pretty calm until the afternoon and then it was probably only 4foot swells. It was solid clouds the whole time until we hit the coronados saturday afternoon at 6.
Brian

Latest Posts

Top Bottom