• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

HOOKED A WHOPPER TODAY! > My New PB To Date

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wow I have been hooking so many trophy lunkers in the past week already my back and arms r barley hanging in there but I am obsessed to hook the one and so I get my rods and head back out agian today on as mission........
Its a nice day today around 77 with some clouds and a 15 mi wind. So around 2pm today I head out to the huge long 1 mile strip pond bank to look for a Monster Bass.
Started the long walk stopping and casitng every 10 and 20 ft of the bank either my top water single hook Sebile frog and Sticko worm.
For a while I wasn't having any luck and really wasn't planning walking all the way to the end butt some how after 40 min of working the bank I ended up at the end of the pond with about 100ft. more of bank left.
I cast out my green & sliver sticko worm and as I reel in close to the bank within a couple of feet I see a big green and silver submarine slabside bass grab my worm and turn out with my line so I give it a few seconds and set the hook, got it then after 3 sec my hook pops and flys back at me with no worm, I was like wtf if pulled a Houdini me. I was in shock it was big my hart fell out.
So I walk the last few feet of the bank and cast my frog along the bank weed bed on top and bam I get a super explosive hit on the frog and I set the hook good and it was a true pond monster fighting me to come in but I had a solid hook set and solid braided line my pole, my pole would break before the line would ever give at all.
I dragged it up on the bank and was totally speechless and breathless it was the biggest bass I have hooked and got on the bank with no net. I have hooked dd but never got one in hand but today is getting me one step closer to my goal of the one...
I took a lot of pics, weight and measurements and made sure I freshen it back in the water between pics. I was in awe at what I was holding a solid 24 in. Pond lunker. this fish still had room for a few pounds the peak of this spawn cycle is the next 3 mo..
I was hard to release it back in I could hold it and stare at it for a long time such a amazing bass, I don't know how i am going to react when I hook one even bigger then this, so the quest must go on! So it swam off all good and I am not going to fish this spot for a few more weeks let things chill and then go back and try agian to get a super fatty I have so many pond spots to rotate loaded with lunkers like this..
I had to take motrin when I got home my back was strained from talking selfies with that bucket mouth it was a toad, I have short arms trying to get a that whole 24 in. fish in the selfie shot wasn't easy but worth it all.

For fun I will let u guys try and guess the weight.
Happy to share this with u and get out and hook one today!....tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

canamrider07

Huuuuge. A hit from that would tear my arm off...Congratulations. Motrin from selfies...……...to damn funny...
I have no idea how much that fish would weigh..

Last edited:

P304X4

You could have cut that one into steakes! Looks like it might be feeding on baby gators.....congrats on that monster fish. Can't tell on the weight but maybe an eight pounder?

Last edited:

Stevehazard

holy crap what has that fish been eating
my guessing 32lbs
A 32 pound bass would absolutely destroy the world record so it's no where near that large.
Nor do I think it is near 18 Gdog.

I caught a stripper that was 12 pounds that I believe was 29" if I remember correctly.
Did this fat one break 10?

Plain ol' Steve

A 32 pound bass would absolutely destroy the world record so it's no where near that large.
Nor do I think it is near 18 Gdog.

I caught a stripper that was 12 pounds that I believe was 29" if I remember correctly.
Did this fat one break 10?
Wow a 12 pound stripper? She must have been under 18 and totally illegal to take.:panic:

My guess is 6. Nice fish.

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

13 responses ( thats about everyone) what r u talking about there over 40,000 members here on Jesse's I can wait for a few more responses....lol

Fubar was almost right on, 7.75.
She was a little light in the azz....lol
Thnx 4 everyone's responses!

Still way bigger bass in these ponds I am so close to landing one soon I can feel it. Hope I am ready, all these big lunkers I have landed latley r just practice run for me till I hook the one....tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Plain ol' Steve

7.75 is a toad, and will be hard to beat without regular stockings of rainbow trout to fatten them up. Congratulations on that fish.

Stevehazard

Ok that one went over my head. One too many P's.
The under 18 thing fit damn well it being that is how long they actually have to be.

Last edited:

Top Bottom