How did everyone do and where ?

chavarriamj

Shot our club yesterday 2Cinn drks, 2 gw drks, 1 gadwall drk and 1 bull sprig and finished off with a smiley ! :) Were only 3 miles from Kern Refuge .

Mj:patiotic-wavin-flag

Duck Fan

still birds around in the grasslands. But many got blown out from the past storm. Patience paid off for us.

Looking forward to the last few hunts to come.

Mjp62

Shot Kern yesterday. Pintail and a Bufflehead. Seems the duck numbers were down. They got three hours of rain the before.

zekethegreek

ducks #s are down big time

sj on wed only 9 ducks among 4 of us very slow January comparing to Dec ,strange season going one more time this sat with
res#8 at sj good luck

chuzhoy

Mendota Jan.20. Perfect weather, right amount of wind. Result: 2 green wing, 1 spoonie, 1 ruddy duck. Done by 9:00.

parkermann

Hunted public land in IV missed a good amount today. Mostly teal but some bigger ducks as well. My brother shot a giant canvasback. That's a first for him. Could have limited if I shot a little better. Come 8-9 o'clock very view birds in the air and very few shots coming from the refuge

chavarriamj

Shot club near Kern Saturday my friend was done at 7am and I was done at 9am. He shot All GW teal and I got4 GW teal, 2 Bull Sprigs, and the last duck I may mount Blue Wing Teal Drake ! :)
Mj

Uncle Bambi

Hunted the south bay, and we killed 10 between the two of us. Had opportunies galore for limits, but poor shooting skills held us back.

rvrrat

Hunted Kern yesterday, my last hunt of the season, and it was a blast. Called early in the lottery, which is a surprise as always. Teal were thick, never seen so many cinnamon teal. Held off for larger ducks, moved into a better spot late morning to gadwal cupping hard and decoying beautifully, by 3:30 had 6 gadwal and a widgeon then just watched the show until sunset. Must have had another dozen groups crash the dekes all the while more teal zipping by. A great finish. Wishing it wasn't coming to an end so soon!

dead guy

Skipped a #6 Ressi at San Jacinto for a #52 at Mendota. It paid off. Finished with 3 Greenwings, 1 Widgeon, 1 Bull Sprig, and the biggest Green head I have ever seen! The people shooting on either side of us were doing even better!

rvrrat

Skipped a #6 Ressi at San Jacinto for a #52 at Mendota. It paid off. Finished with 3 Greenwings, 1 Widgeon, 1 Bull Sprig, and the biggest Green head I have ever seen! The people shooting on either side of us were doing even better!
Definitely made the right decision! Keep telling myself I've got to get up to Mendota and figure it out. Maybe next season.

chavarriamj

Hunted Saturday at my club last weekend of the season shot 1 BS,1Gad drk, 3 cinns drks and 2 GW drks. Great way to end the season.See ya all next year !

parkermann

Hunted near wister. Super slow morning. Was able to convince a pair of pintail to come in. Shot the hen missed the drake. No other ducks for me

yak4fish

Took a gamble and went to Kern. Didn't get on till noon on a refill. Hunted unit 1A got 4 cinnamon teal and 2 green wing teal all drakes.

MQ

My son and I went to Volta on Saturday and managed 11 birds. Then drove up I-5 to shoot Colusa on Sunday. We got 7 birds there, so the weekend was a success by our account.

Top Bottom