How do these things work?

overdrawn

Reaction score
Just wondering how these things work. I have a Simmons 800, and was using it on my archery hunt. I tried twice to get a yardage in the thick of the woods and just got dashes. I had sunlite shing in my direction, is it the sun or is it the thick of the woods causing the obstruction so that it doesn't work? Anyone know? So I missed a chance at a more than likely sure kill twice, due to it's malfunction. By the time I got my yardage guessed they were gone.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
overdrawn,

The rangefinders made by Simmon and Tasco had many electrical problems and are no longer on the market. Pointing a rangefinder toward the sun makes it work erratically at best.

Also, if the laser was hitting anything under 16 yards you won't get a reading since this is the minimim reading distance.

Bottom line, sell it to your least favorite cousin or brother in law and get a Leica or Bushnell.

overdrawn

Reaction score
Spectr...thanks for the info, I don't think it was hitting anything like branches in between. It did it where I know it wasnt hitting anything between. Gonna see how Cabela's customer service is...maybe they will let me trade it for a bushnell. Had it a yr but only in the field once.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom