How far along should antler grow be?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hope you don't mind if I put the pic on the forum.  Makes it easier than opening another browser...

So this is a whitetail?  I've seen smaller, but it looks like a little basket rack to me.  He'll probably get a little more, but not a lot.  Of course, I'm no biologist.

(Edited by Speckmisser at 12:06 pm on Aug. 16, 2001)

Sporty

Reaction score
The Rack is a little on the smallish side. Where was the picture taken.
Sporty

gizz

Reaction score
Mike, I'm no biologist either but if that pic was taken in PA at the End of July then I'd say it had a little more to go(1 to 2 weeks max). I've been watching one with my homebrew cam since early summer and 1 weeks time can really make a difference. Is that a homebrew cam?

mike

Reaction score
Yes, the pic was taken with an canon owl.First homebrew cam I made. The pic is from Bradford County.Seeing that the antlers where on the short side, I wasn't sure if there not getting enough protein or was it to early to tell.

KsBowhunter

Reaction score
One of the guys I hunt with saw 3 bucks so far this week, 150" 10pt, 130" 8pt, and 115" 8pt.

How much more will these fellas grow before they start to shed velvet?

glen71

Reaction score
It seems like tine length would be the last part of the antlers to reach final size. If that's true, that rack could change pretty dramatically in a couple weeks.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom