how long does it take?

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
how long does it take you guys noramly to go though a roll of flim of 24 exposures? now that i pulled my cam out of the field and only had 8 pix taken(two of those where of me going and coming into it) and can't find that rewind hole i want to put it back! i'll probably go back up to set it out monday aftr all the wekend warroirs have gone home.  anyway how long is it taking you guys to go though a roll?

cc

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
The rewind hole is on the bottom and it has to be pused in with a pen or pensel. Just give it a quick push once, you don't need to hold it down. As far as how long it takes to use up a roll it really depends on the area and if you are useing bate? For a bated area it can be used up in a day or evening but i like to give it 2 days. On an area unbated it could take a week or it could take a day. It just depends on how many animales you have in the area and how often are they useing the tral. Mike

Firemn

Reaction score
I have had a 24 roll used in 1 day, all of animals, and lately, my camera has been out for 2 weeks and only had 6 pics.  I check it every few days, but try not to make a routine.  Of all the books I have read, they say deer can figure out routines.  For instance, every 3rd day in the morning they figure out human scent enters the area.  Try to stay away from that.  I have my camera on a trail in a woods heading out to a clover CRP field with newly planted CRP trees very close by.  That seems to help, placing close to food sources that is.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
If I have a camera on just a game trail I figure I will check it after one week. Then depending on how many shots are taken either move it of get it developed early if it's taken more than 20 pics.

I live about 38 miles from where my camera is located. So I have learned to leave it for a week,
Like Firemn said, it can also be gone in 24hrs. So it really depends on where your putting the camera. Over a food source it's not going to last as long.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom