How Many Cams?

Possum

Reaction score
Let's see how many cams have been made from all over the country.  These cams would not have been possible except by the unselfish experimentation and information provided by Jesse's Huntng Page.  http://www.buildgear.cjb.net/ Thanks to all the guys who have contributed all the information and  designs to the page and forum.  :TST

Possum

Reaction score
South Carolina-  2 Cams

1st cam June 2001 - RSPIR - OWL
2nd cam July 2001 - MS20 - OWL

(Edited by Possum at 10:50 am on Aug. 31, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Jayber - 18! Wow!
I've built 10 and am working on a couple new one's. I'm gonna try the Lamson PIR this time.

jayber

Reaction score
How 'bout including too when your first cam was built, (approximately).

I got my start in March '01

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I built Old Ponderous 4 years ago, a solenoid unit and the 1st Owl PF about Dec or Jan, 9 or 10 months ago, have built 12 or 13 of them and have several more in the works.......

and to repeat what Gizz Said:
Jayber - 18! Wow!

The deer in you're area really need those sunglasses! ! !

Tinhorn

jayber

Reaction score
:pullshades   You should see 'em when they all go off at nite!  Naaawwwww....haven't built them all for myself......family and friends have one or two.  HeHe

Couldn't have ever done w/o this site and the pioneers before me.......<font size="4"><font color="blue">BIG THANKS!</font></font>

(Edited by jayber at 10:00 am on Aug. 31, 2001)

wvhunter

Reaction score
Just 1 in WV built March 01

But hope to build another with winter AFTER, bow, gun, muzzleloader seasons finish up.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Two down and working on the third as we speak.

A special thanks to the Home Brew crew for all thier help and unselfishness.

Also a special thanks to Jesse to whom I bothered with a lot of email's and who wired my first camera. Anytime you'd like to hunt from one of my tree stand in NC just say so.....

Thanks,
Jerry

wapiti

Reaction score
My brother and I have 3 for under $200!  Using the RS sensors and 2 owl pf dates, 1 af date.  July 01.  I don't plan to build any more cause I can't afford to feed them!  Might be worth getting my own darkroom.

18.....wow!

Has anyone had a homebrew stolen?

Archilochus

Reaction score
Nine for personal use - sold maybe a dozen or so to friends & neighbors.
Made first cam for myself about 8?? years ago -can't remember details anymore!

Archilochus

Stickbow

Reaction score
4 of my own so far, and seriously considering building 2 more for a couple of my hunting buddies who are getting pretty pathetic with all their whinin' and beggin'!!  lol!!

Just posted a pic of one of my "babies" today!

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
4 of my own and  helped a neighbor build 2 for himself.  He made the housing and I did the wiring.  To me the wiring is the easy part.  Hate building the housing!!

Todd

grtwythunter

Reaction score
One down, one on the way here in Socal. Probably won't stop till I build a few more or my wife finds my parts stash. Thanks for all of the tech tips for us knownothings.    Scott

Eagle Eye

Reaction score
Built my first in 99', I dont actually know how many I've built since. I keep four on hand. I try to improve each one I build and sell one off.
With the efforts of all here and those at TNdeer I have certainly come a long way.

hamiltoe

Reaction score
I have 4 so far...I built my first one about 3 years ago.  I happened to build my first camera using the  Canon Owl then then found out that they were well documented on Jesse's site.  I guess I learned the hard way.  After I built the 2nd camera I quit usssing the 1st one b/c it was a battery hog.  My 2nd one got stolen last year, and I have built 2 more since.

DelMar

Reaction score
I am on my third cam now here in Ky. I found this site about 4 weeks ago. But after my first pics came back, IM HOOKED!!!!!!!

SWAMPFOOT

Reaction score
NC HAVE MADE 22 OF THEM SO FAR AND STILL HAVE MORE TO MAKE. SEEEMS CLOSER IT GETS TO SEASON THE MORE FRIENDS I HAVE.HA HA. BUT WHEN SEASON COMES IN 10 DAYS AND COUNTING THE PRODUCTION LINE IS GOING TO SLOW DOWN.

Top Bottom