How Many Days Do You Spend in the Field?

MQ

Reaction score
Hi Sportsmen and Sportswomen,
I am interested in finding out how many days per year ON AVERAGE you all spend in the field. In particular the number of days scouting; # of days big game hunting, # of days waterfowl hunting; # of days upland birds and # of days fishing. Also please state if married/attached or single. This is for my own personal use. Thanks for your help!!

P.S. For me, on average,  it is 1-2 days scouting; 3 days B.G hunting; 13 days waterfowl hunting; couple days dove/pheasant and about 5-6 days fishing (mostly deep sea). I'm m/a.

MQ

Reaction score
Hi Sportsmen and Sportswomen,
I am interested in finding out how many days per year ON AVERAGE you all spend in the field. In particular the number of days scouting; # of days big game hunting, # of days waterfowl hunting; # of days upland birds and # of days fishing. Also please state if married/attached or single. This is for my own personal use. Thanks for your help!!

P.S. For me, on average,  it is 1-2 days scouting; 3 days B.G hunting; 13 days waterfowl hunting; couple days dove/pheasant and about 5-6 days fishing (mostly deep sea). I'm m/a....

prohunter

Reaction score
for me this year, 2-4 days scouting;10 days Big Game (so far);1 day dove hunting;couple of days fishing. I will probably hunt another 10 days Big game hunting. I am single with 2 kids.

Jay

Reaction score
Probably 2 - 3 pheasant hunts, 10 - 12 duck hunts (although that might double this year due my close proximity blind on the bay). 1 -2 dove hunts.

A third of those I will have a Jr. hunter along.

Married with 3 sons, 12, 10 and 4.

So MQ, are you in the "negotiating" phase?

(Edited by Jay at 4:03 pm on Oct. 24, 2001)

Hook

Reaction score
On average I spend 2 days days scouting, 5 days hunting big game, 5 days upland and 4 days fishing.
I am married w/ 1 kid.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
on average I spend 1 or 2 days scouting, 5 days big game, 5 to 8 days waterfowl, 2 or 3 times a WEEK upland birds, fishing alot ocean & fresh. My work schedule lets me get off early around noon, so it alows me alot of time to go hunting during the week, plus I'm off Wed. (YAHOOO). I'm married and have 2 kids and one due in Dec. My wife underestands because this is how my life as been, do to I was raised on hunting, dont get me wrong I spend alot of time with my family also. (I'll sleep when I'm dead)

mudhen

Reaction score
40+ days waterfowl & incidental pheasants
20+ days turkey
20+ days deer/pig
12+ days fishing
10+ days dove

Married, no kids, no plans for kids at his point.

mudhen-CA

MZALUD

Reaction score
Hello,
I spend about a week scouting for big game and about a week hunting big game. probably waterfowl 8-10 times per year, upland maybe a couple and fish 30 or so times a year. I am married with a 6 and 3 year old. This weekend my wife joins the ranks of the hunters as she will be hunting with our group at Tehama(G1).
Mike

songdog

Reaction score
Since January 1st, 2001 (I keep a calendar of this stuff):

Varmint hunting - 14 times
Upland birds - 8 times
Duck/Goose - 3 times
Fishing (fly) - 13 times
Scouting - 17 times
Turkey - 4 times
Big game - 6 times

I'll add quite a few more trips between now and the end of the year.  Probably another 30-35 days.  Realize though, that most of these are quick one or two hour trips before work, after dinner, etc. not full day excursions.  

I normally have two "trips" each year.  Last year it was spring fishing in the Sierra's and fall bowhunting elk in MT.  This year it's spring fishing in ID and fall upland birds in ID.

Last year I was right at 100 days doing something out in the field - fishing, hunting, scounting, etc.

I have a very understanding wife who gets flowers regularly (semi-monthly during hunting season - you guys should check out Calyx & Corolla's automatic flower delivery service, it's money well spent) and three kids under 5 years old.

karstic

Banned
Reaction score
Last year IIRC

2 days-upland game
7 days waterfowl

This year
2 days-upland game
2 days waterfowl
1 day scouting d14
6 days freshh20
4 days salth20

Engaged, she likes to fish and cook the wild game I bring home.

Chessie

Reaction score
10-15 days waterfowl hunting
Married 2 kids, not yet old enough

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
2 Days Scouting
2-5 Days Deer Hunting (less if I tag out on the opener)
5-10 Duck
2 Days Pheasant
1 Day Dove
6 Days fishing

I am married w/ 3 sons: 3,7,&10.  My wife says she wants me to hunt more, but for some reason gives me the silent treatment everytime I get home.  I think my kitchen passes will come more easily as more of my sons get old enough to go giving my wife more time alone!

(Edited by Quacker Wacker at 5:23 pm on Oct. 24, 2001)

hntndux

Reaction score
4-6 days pheasant, 25+ days ducks, 15+ days doves, 2-3 days turkey, 40+ days fishing, 10+ days deer, 1-2 days quail.  Married with 2 children.  I couldn't ask for a better wife (other than the 35lb striper she has on the wall).  She was raised in a hunting/fishing family and loves to spend time at home with the kids.  She says it's better when I'm gone since that's one less kid to clean up after.  My 7 year old loves to fish (several limits of stripers under his belt already) and can't wait to go duck hunting (knows all species of ducks and geese of CA)  Both have been members of DU at 4 months old.  More info than you probably wanted...

uhunter

Reaction score
scouting-20 days
waterfoul-10
big game-15-30(depending on year up to 45)
upland game 20 days
fishing 15-20
married
2-boys ages 5 and 9
oldest boy is with me most of the time, i will be shifting to more bird hunting as my boys get older and cut back from big game. The youngest boy is always fishing with me.

feelinducky

Reaction score
Not enough!  Oh probably 15 days of fishing, 10-15 days of duck, and 4 days deer.  With only 4 days of deer hunting, it's no wonder why I havent gotten one yet.
Rick

horseshoer

Reaction score
This year:
    Scouting: 4 days
    Bowhunting for deer : 4 days
    Rifle hunting for deer : 14 days
    Turkey hunting: 6 days
    Pig hunting: 14 days
    Fishing w/my 5 yr. old daughter: priceless  

Married with 1 little girl.

hronk

Reaction score
scouting deer... 4 days.  hunting Ca. deer...5days.  Hunting Elk 12 days.  Scouting geese...10 to 15,     2-3 hr days. hunting Geese and ducks (1/2 day hunts) 20+ days.  Chukar/ Quail.... 15,   1/2 day hunts . Dove... 1-2 days.  Ocean fishing.... 6 days   Fresh water fishing... 100+  2-5 hr. days.   I am married, no kids, and I work nights 11pm- 7am or evenings 3pm to 11pm so I get out for 1 to 5 hrs 3-4 days a week.   I also help out guiding at a Pheasant club 1 or 2 days a week from nov thru Feb. and in most yrs. spend 1 week Deer hunting in Nevada.....hronk

Spec

Reaction score
30 days fishing off shore salmon,45 to 50 days duck hunting ,5 days dove hunting, 5 days phesant hunting,30 days fishing lakes and rivers, 50 days mounting birds!! The rest of the time I am working on CWA projecxts or my duck club!!Married 38 years 2 sons who fish and one hunts!!

hronk

Reaction score
I over estimated the fresh water fishing days.....35 to 50.    I'm going fly fishing this morning to Crowley, then Quail hunting out behind the house this evening....Is that one day or two....I know, I'm a BUTT......hronk

Latest Posts

Top Bottom