How many Florida hunters out there?

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
There are a few of us here. Welcom to Jesses. It is a great site.

Scott

flhunter65

Reaction score
It sure is a great site. I find myself logging on a few times a day checking for new posts. Thanks for the welcome.

Ray

Buck-eye

Reaction score
Ray,

I will be back in the Sunshine State after the 1st of the year. I am kinda bummed, because I am leaving an area with tons of public land. I am from Florida(Central), so I am going to have to find me a lease, or buy up some land.

Joe

kenton6

Reaction score
I moved down here to Clearwater about 5 years ago. I still go to Maine to hunt whitetails in November. I am anxious to find someplace to hunt here in Florida but you know what? I can't figure out where I can go and if I could how to do it legal and on what days etc etc etc.
Geez! In Maine you buy a license and go hunt! Simple enough! Where do I start?

flhunter65

Reaction score
Hey Kenton6,

Here's a start. http://wildflorida.org/hunting/
Florida has lots of public land with good opportunities if your willing to get off the beaten path a bit. Take a look here as well, http://www.avonparkafr.com/
Avon Park AFR is an active Bombing Range in Central Florida which opens on weekends for recreation and hunting. Great place to take the family for camping. Lots of deer, hog and Osceola turkey. Hope this helps.

Ray.

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
kenton6,

I live down in Charlotte county now, but use to live in Pasco. There are a few good hunting areas within a couple hours of Clearwater. Check out MyFWC for the laws and other good info. Just e-mail me if you have any questions I might be able to help. Once you get past the skeeters hunting in FL is pretty good.
Scott

kenton6

Reaction score
Thanks Bowhunter,

Yeah, I just need to take some serious time and check all this stuff out. We get so damn busy and then next thing you know, it's too late.
I met a guy awhile back who is part of owner of a large tract of land in Manatee county. His company bought up this piece several years ago and they have just now begun to develope it and he says the hunting on it is pretty good. I am supposed to get in touch with him when I can and he will show me around.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom