How many holes for Owl PF

treestandman2

Reaction score
I already started working on my second camera unit before I tested my first one.  I am working on the box and I am not sure how many holes I need to cut for the camera.  Do I need one for the auto focus emitter and do I have to enlarge the shutter hole for the AF focus sensor?

Dbworld

Reaction score
I've read on here where a lot of people don't cut the extra holes.  I believe the camera will just focus to eternity.  I cut out the extra anyway.  I figure if it's got autofocus why not use it.  Though I have noticed problems where the camera has a small sapling in the foreground in sharp focus and the deer are a little fuzzy, especially when the deer are not centered real well.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I always leave the extra holes for the emitter and receiver.  The pictures to me seem to come out crisper than if you cover them up. Just a personal opinion.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi tsm2,
I always cut the extra holes too.  I tested a Fuji 60AF with the auto-focus sensor holes open and covered and there was a HUGE difference in pic quality.  I never did a "side by side" test of the OWl PF - but I'm guessing there would be similar results.

Archilochus

Latest Posts

Top Bottom