How many of us have competed before?

Lumpy

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of us have competed in a turkey calling contest, and how you did ?

Tominator

Reaction score
Never have and never will. I don't have a problem with the contests...it's just that I can always convince myself I'm a great caller if I never get in front of people and let the truth out

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Never have. But would like to get into it. I will as soon as I think I'm good enough to win (probably a long time from now, haha) it'd be fun to go and get my butt kicked anyways. I'll forsure do some in the future.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Justin
You know as well as I know you would place in a California contest.
I have heard you call,stop being so shy.
I'll let you know when I go striper fishing again.

Shawn

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lumpy@Aug 11 2004, 07:05 PM
Justin
You know as well as I know you would place in a California contest.
I have heard you call,stop being so shy.
I'll let you know when I go striper fishing again.

Shawn
Thanks Shawn,

The way you worded that thers not a whole lot I can say in response. mmm Well I will compete one day and we'll see what happens. I'd love to really get into the calling contest stuff and I'd be happy to just win half the contests you have.

total side note, have you seen the calling contest on the nwtf that they are trying to get going. its a digital one on the computer, people are going to record the files on their computer and post them on the message board for people to listen to. Sounds kinda hard but it'll be cool once it gets going. Joes working on doing it, the one on there right now by one of other people on the board (flintlock) is pretty good and he used his voice. have you heard joe use his voice? Now that is talent, really unbelievible.

macliq

Reaction score
i competed every day of the Ga season. won twice. got my ass kicked the other days.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Just as macliq put it, just when you think your pretty good some ole monarch comes along and turns you inside out. I've walked out of the woods several times muttering and cussing.

macliq

Reaction score
i've learned two things in ten years of turkey hunting:
1. the birds will teach you everything you need to know if you pay attention and remember what you've been taught

2. just when you think you're the best turkey caller in the world, the birds will show you you're not

Top Bottom